- Monterrey, Mexico
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
- The Director, Global Project Engineering is responsible for the technical and administrative leadership of multiple engineering disciplines, teams and locations.
• Setting top level organizational strategy and aligning with overall GPE organization and KION objectives.
• Have an entrepreneurial mindset to be able to bring innovative leadership to expand scope of responsibilities.
• Bridge US and MX partnerships across multiple departments to facilitate clear and consistent communication and growth.
- Appoints projects among engineering managers/departments according to specialized training and requirements.
- Maintain safety & compliance standards and communication.
- Support Sales w/ Customer presentations.
- Manage Customer escalations.
- Identify skills gap assessment - looking across multiple projects (could also be Director) - look across a program and owns plan to solve gap.
- Drives complex projects to successful completion in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Align with multiple local guidance's for workforce laws and guidelines.
- Health and Safety of international travels and alignment with local authorities and departments.
- Evaluation and understanding of tools to process large scale resource and schedule management
- Issue resolution or conflict resolution.
- Overall responsible for cost center budget and actuals.
- Develops and manages departmental budgets (cost center) and business plans for functional area.
- Drive changes into forecasting standards to best support team visibility and accuracy.
- Project delivery (execution to scope, budget, schedule).
- Build a complementary resource pool, to be utilized globally, and create visibly to a larger team based on skill sets and demand.
- Talent development - coaching/mentoring.
- Highly knowledgeable in overseeing and guiding engineering managers that direct work activity to support division business objectives.
- Develops and drives strategy, department goals and objectives that align with those of Dematic.
- Foster an environment that people want to work in a potentially high-rotational position with career paths, understanding and grow opportunities.
- Establishing and setting team guidelines and expectations.
- Understand and expand resource management with an aligned skill matrix.
Strategic and Tactical Initiatives/Projects:
- Owns leading a team to deliver step change that moves the organization forward in a significant way.
• Development of an engineering strategy to support the company's short- & long-term objectives
What We Are Looking For
What we are looking for:
Required: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
Advanced degree a plus
Knowledge and Experience:
• Typically +8 years mgt experience
- Effectively manage numerous business issues at a broad conceptual level and tolerate ambiguity.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, influencing, mentoring, coaching and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical, organization and time management skills.
• Effective communication skills including demonstrated stand-up presentation skills, group facilitation and ability to effectively interact with customers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively in a team-based organization and with employees of all levels and backgrounds across all functions.
• PC skills with demonstrated knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
• Ability to work individually and under minimal supervision to include a mixture of both remote and office environments leading distributed workforce.
- Travel up to 25% to the customer site, other Dematic offices or identified locations for meetings, training and business needs.
- Change Agent.
- Cost Center awareness & understanding
- Proven track record of leading and building a successful engineering team and cross functional collaboration.
Back to top