Electrical Commissioning Sr. Supervisor
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The Electrical Pre-Commissioning team bridges the gap between Electrical Installation and Controls Engineering (Commissioning). Responsibilities include the start-up, testing and troubleshooting of conveyor and machine systems. This includes electrical and network testing and validation, troubleshooting of hardwired and software based E-stop systems, set-up of PLC and loading of PLC programs and checkout of I/O.
Installation is expanding the Electrical Pre-Commissioning team and has the need to add a Senior Supervisor to help grow and lead this important effort. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with experience leading teams of electrical technicians, controls technicians, or mechatronics technicians and who has a passion for quality, safety, and pays attention to detail.
- Work cross-functionally with project management, engineering, and supply chain.
- Directly responsible for leading and managing crews that consist of a Site Supervisor, Foremen, and Technicians. Leading approximately 15-20 individuals across several projects.
- Plan project work and ensure that Pre-Commissioning tasks are completed in a timely manner to meet scope, budget, and project turnover schedules (timing).
- Identify resource needs and move personnel between sites to complete work, control budget, and maintain appropriate skill-set and headcount.
- Have a passion for delivering quality.
- Responsible for training and growth of individuals and team.
- Accurately forecast cost and headcount requirements to completion.
- Works within the group to help facilitate training and growth of individuals and team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve semi-complex to complex problems.
What We Are Looking For
- Associate's degree or relevant technical certification is preferred
- Experience leading small teams preferable. Typically manages multiple non- exempt level employees
- Five years (minimum) experience in troubleshooting Electrical equipment. Successful candidate should have some working experience with material handling equipment.
- Must be willing to travel on short notice and spend up to 100% of the time traveling.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays and off shifts.
- Must be able to act calmly in stressful situations.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
- Must be able to write concise, clear, and complete trip reports in the time frame required according to Dematic procedures.
Back to top