Who is Dematic?
If there's one company that sets the bar in automated technology, software and supply chain optimization services worldwide, it's Dematic. Our experts, customers and facilities are all around the world.
Did you know that we've implemented over 6,000 integrated systems for companies ranging from small to multinational household names, in a wide range of industries on every continent?
As part of the KION Group, we breathe automation and AGV. KION Mobile Automation is the world-leading, fast-growing, innovative frontrunner in the development of mobile robotics, robotic fleet controllers and cloud-based fleet logistics management systems.
As a member of the US Operations Finance organization, the Manufacturing Cost Controller plays a key role in the success of the Global Operations function at Dematic. This role would be supporting a manufacturing facility within a much larger global organization (35,000 employees globally). This position provides exposure to various levels of management within Dematic and is a springboard to more progressive roles of finance, including management. The role will be reporting to the local Manufacturing Controller.
- In partnership with the local Manufacturing Controller, manage costs, inventory, and metrics in Dematic's manufacturing plant. Provide analysis, support, and strategic finance guidance to the Plant Manager, Floor Supervisors, and other key leadership on site.
- Create financials for the factory including forecasts, monthly review of actual to forecast and plan, and support the annual budget process for that location.
- Calculate, review, and ensure accuracy in standard costs including reviews of purchase price variance and production variances.
- Support daily costing process and annual standard cost setting as required.
- Prepare upcoming workload for manufacturing site both backlog (booked work) and new business.
- Drive the SQDC (Safety Quality Delivery Cost) mentality in the plant with the plant manager and communicate the financial performance of the plant on a daily basis.
- Review all key metrics of labor on a daily basis.
- Support the forecast of inventory in the plant.
- Calculate factory inventory reserves and evaluate the effectiveness of reserves on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain and ensure compliance of all financial controls for the plant are followed including inventory management and cycle counts.
- Participate in reviews of pending bids for new project work along with project turnover meetings.
- Identify and drive process improvements in the business working with the plant manager.
- Ability to be flexible with tasks and support other functions as needed for special projects.
- Other tasks as assigned as required.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Finance or Accounting is required.
- Relevant experience preferably in a Manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to standard cost is required.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions as required.
- Strong communication skills including an ability to explain results to Management and make recommendations as necessary.
- Working knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excell is required
Back to top