Category Manager (Project Purchases)
- Atlanta, GA
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world's leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic is looking for a Procurement Category Lead to join our winning team. The Procurement Category Lead is responsible to develop and execute a comprehensive category strategy and plan that enables profitable and scalable business growth. The Category Lead must have full knowledge of the supplier market (characteristics, dynamics, etc.) and the extended supply chain in order to cultivate maximum value for Dematic.
It is expected that the Category Lead will take the initiative to understand the overt and latent needs of internal customers. The Category Lead will collaborate with other sub-functions within Procurement but also with cross-functional team members in Project Management, Engineering, Solutions Development, Finance, Quality and others. Primary key performance indicators (KPIs): Total Cost of Ownership savings, cash generation, margin improvement, and supplier operational performance (on-quality, on-time delivery). The Category lead is responsible to ensure best practices in risk mitigation and contract adherence are followed in a compliant manner.
Other Key Primary responsibilities include:
- Pre-negotiate competitive pricing agreements and models to ensure speed-to-market front-end execution
- Develop robust cost savings funnel and project manage initiatives until successful implementation
- Ensure actual pricing is consistent with master supply agreements and price models
- Actively pursue internal "voice-of-customer" and ensure perspectives are addressed in category approaches
- Ensure competitive supplier panel (including sole/single source mitigation) is developed to support high business growth rates
- Monitor supplier financial risk and take business-protecting proactive actions
- Conduct supplier business reviews with forward-leaning agendas: technology, collaboration and overall competitiveness
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or related discipline
- 7+ years of relevant Procurement experience with emphasis on strategic sourcing
- Certified Professional Supply Management (CPSM) (preferred)
- Project based business Procurement roles (preferred)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong quantitative, cost modeling, and data analysis skills
- Operates with minimal business direction
- Driving business results through business case development, influence and leadership
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Embodies KION Group Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Courage, and Excellence.
- Able to be effective in matrixed environment.
- Travel as required by job, estimated to be 25%. Due to Covid, no travel is expected right away.
- Operate with a sense of business urgency
Back to top