Automation Platform Specialist (m / f / x)
- Zwijndrecht, Belgium
Who is Dematic?
If there's one company that sets the bar in automated technology, software and supply chain optimization services worldwide, it's Dematic. Our experts, customers and facilities are all around the world.
Did you know that we've implemented over 6,000 integrated systems for companies ranging from small to multinational household names, in a wide range of industries on every continent?
As part of the KION Group, we breathe automation and AGV. KION Mobile Automation is the world-leading, fast-growing, innovative frontrunner in the development of mobile robotics, robotic fleet controllers and cloud-based fleet logistics management systems.
Dematic's Automated Guided Vehicle branch is looking for an...Automation Platform Specialist AGV Development
Join the leading player in the European and global automated guided vehicles sector, and be a driving force for the ever more complex and capable technology in Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV).
Put your automation skills to work on exciting projects for dynamic international companies. Work at the forefront of vehicle engineering, with tomorrow's technology and today's top talent by your side.
Does this sound like you?
You can't wait to play a vital role in bringing embedded controller software to life in a product-development setting, assisting in the planning and adoption of future roadmaps. You like a change now and then, so zooming in on the details or zooming out for a holistic picture of what's going on - depending on the project - is right up your alley. And leading your team to success, on time and within budget, is what you do best.
Want to be doing this all day?
- Designing and implementing embedded controller software
- Interface-level design (safety features, messaging and communications included)
- Software programming following accepted coding standards, code review/merge request tools, release management processes and tools
- Take part in the AGV product qualification and validation process
- Test, debug and troubleshoot software systems
You're great at establishing embedded controller software requirements and generating design concepts to meet operational, functional and safety requirements. You'll get to guide and support prototyping and testing using existing protocols and procedures. Or you'll develop new ones where necessary - you're up for that too, right?
What We Are Looking For
Does this match your skillset?
First off, you're flexible and creative, got your Master's with a technical-engineering focus, speak English (know any other languages? Great!) and are a mechanics wizard who loves reading lists. Reading lists? That's right - you're experienced, gifted or familiar with:
- C, C++, STL (knowledge)
- Automated builds, branch and merging strategies (Trunk-based development - experience)
- Linux kernel, modules and bootloaders (experience)
- IoT technology (MQTT, DDS... - experience)
- CI/CD and issue-tracking systems (JIRA, Confluence, Git, Doxygen... - working knowledge)
- Analysis tools (Vector, Can - knowledge)
And of course, you've got over 5 years' relevant experience in microcontroller development, the automation industry, machinery and industrial engineering, or a similar field.
If "Yes," come work at Dematic!
Come for the awesome projects and technology, and stay for the great team spirit and the open-minded, supportive work environment that will challenge you to be your best self.
- International team with a great workplace atmosphere
- Homebase: our Zwijndrecht offices (Antwerp)
- Co-workers and management who walk the talk
- Opportunities for growth that match your skills and ambition
- Continuously push the boundaries of technical possibility
- No two projects are ever the same
In short, you'll be rewarded nicely while perfecting your skills and having fun doing it.
Back to top