Automation Platform Specialist (m / f / x)
- Zwijndrecht, Belgium
Dematic is een intralogistieke innovator die intelligente, geautomatiseerde oplossingen voor de productie, het magazijn en distributie ontwerpt, bouwt en ondersteunt, voor klanten die de toekomst van commercie ondersteunen. Met technische centra, productiefaciliteiten en servicecentra in meer dan 25 landen heeft het mondiale Dematic-netwerk van 10.000 medewerkers geholpen bij het realiseren van meer dan 6000 klanteninstallaties over de hele wereld voor enkele van 's werelds toonaangevende merken. Dematic heeft zijn hoofdkantoor in Atlanta en is lid van de KION Group, een van de wereldleiders als het gaat om industriële vrachtwagens en voorraadketenoplossingen en een vooraanstaande leverancier van magazijnautomatiseringu200bu200bu200bu200bu200bu200bu200bu200bu200bu200bu200bu200bu200bu200b.
Automated guided vehicles (AGVs) are growing in complexity and capability. In the Global On Board software Department AGV you as an "Automation platform specialist AGV Development (m/f/x)", are able to take responsibility over the development of embedded controller software. You are capable to partake in a product development setting, assisting in planning and committing to the future roadmap. Depending on the situation, you are able to focus on getting the details right or zoom out to comprehend and help steer the big picture. Within our AGILE setting, you strive to be a true team player to get the team across the finish line on time and within budget.
To further strengthen the department, we are looking for you as " Automation platform specialist AGV Development (m / f / x)" at location Zwijndrecht (Antwerp) as soon as possible.
- You design and implement embedded controller software
- Interface-level design including safety features, messaging and communications
- You program software utilizing accepted software coding standards, code review/merge request tools, release management processes and tools
- You guide and support prototyping and testing utilizing existing production / test protocols and procedures or develop new ones as needed and provide feedback
- You are able to derive embedded controller software requirements and generate design concepts to satisfy operational, safety and functional requirements
- You participate in the AGV product qualification and validation process, testing, debugging and troubleshooting of software systems.
- You develop a knowledge and understanding of KION's products, customers, and customer needs
- You cultivate and promote our corporate values - integrity, collaboration, courage, excellence
What We Are Looking For
- You have a master's degree or comparable training, preferably with a technical engineering focus
- You have approximately 5 years of relevant experience within Microcontroller development, Automation Industry, Machinery & Industrial Engineering or related industries
- You have knowledge of C, C++, STL,... and experience with automated builds, branch and merging strategies (eg. Trunk based development)
- You have experience with Linux kernel & modules and bootloaders
- You have experience with IoT Technologies like MQTT, DDS, ...
- You have working knowledge of CI/CD & issue tracking systems (JIRA, Confluence, Git, Doxygen, ...) is an asset.
- You preferably have experience with Fieldbus technology (CAN), safety controllers, positioning sensors and encoders
- You have knowledge of analyzing tools (Vector CAN)
- You are diplomatic, open minded, flexible, creative and have strong communication skills
- You have an excellent knowledge of English; any further language is a plus
What We Offer?We are the largest provider on the market and want to further expand leadership position in the field of mobile automation. We have the speed and short decision-making paths of a start-up, but the financial security and the standing of a large corporation. We have top technologies, have a global sales and network and work for the big global e-commerce customers who are looking for global solutions. Our development and processes are very fast (f.e. SW-update every 3 months) and our R&D developers always look after a product holistically from start to finish and do not just manufacture a single component - they accompany the entire product from A-Z.Would you like to go your way in a unique, technology-savvy organization and make a significant contribution to further expansion?We should get to know each other!
Back to top