Automation Engineer Controls / PLC
- Zwijndrecht, Belgium
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
What we offer you
- An open culture with colleagues fascinated by technology.
- An organization in which there is room for initiative and ideas.
- Opportunity for personal development and to expand your horizons, excititing clients, different industries and new technologies.
- And, of course, an attractive remuneration package.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- As an Automation Engineer PLC you are responsible for the professional execution of service activities within the various fields (Controls, PLC), including expansion and migration projects.
- Keeping customers up-to-date of PLC programming and being able to make the right diagnoses.
- Online problem solving from the office, but you do not hesitate to also solve problems on the site. (Partly working from home is possible)
- Implement expansion and migration projects on installations and machines that are operationally involved.
- Diagnosing complex problems within the controls and PLC area (Siemens PLC)
- Taking care of the communications regarding repair work, interventions, extensions and upgrades at the customer.
- Maintaining frequent contact with customers and follow up, allowing the customer to be broadly identified and thus guaranteeing optimum service.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor degree in electromechanics / electronics or equivalent through experience.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience is required.
- General knowledge about PLC: Siemens Step7, Tia Portal, Movi tools
- Same goes for bus systems, ethernet connections, drivers, scanners and electrical diagrams to your knowledge field
- Capability to work both autonomously and in a team
- Flexible to work on duty.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, French is a plus.
Back to top