Workplace Design Manager
Workplace Design Manager
Deloitte's Workplace is a tool to deliver business value including: strengthening our brand and culture, recruiting success, and fostering innovation while delivering a distinctly Deloitte experience.
Given the increasing speed of change there is a need to continue to evolve Deloitte's workplace strategy at an ever increasing pace while driving creativity, innovation and value. We are looking to hire an energetic design professional to join Deloitte's Real Estate Services team who demonstrates passion for workplace innovation.
What You'll Do
The Workplace Design Manager's key responsibility will be in thoughtful application of Deloitte's Workplace Strategy for location specific projects. You will team with internal partners (Operations, ITS, Security) and external consultants in the development, application and refinement of Deloitte's Workplace Strategy.
The position requires in-depth knowledge of how mobile work and technology advancement is driving changes in real estate, workplace strategy, and design. You will:
- Drive thoughtful application of Deloitte's Workplace Strategy on projects in partnership with our external teams, along with quality reviews and pushing innovation;
- Drive continuous improvement in delivery process and design of Deloitte's Workplace Strategy, given the speed of change and staying out in front to deliver an innovative approach;
- Have an ownership role in annual measurement process (surveys, focus groups, etc.), tied into ownership of refinement and improvement of strategy;
- Manage feedback and updates to standards documentation from Operations, ITS, and Security;
- Document and maintain workplace design guidelines and specifications;
- Develop and document workplace furniture standards;
- Educate and communicate across Deloitte teams, to deliver understanding of Deloitte's Workplace Strategy, why (background), and the value for Deloitte.
How You'll Grow
Deloitte is proud to be on the cutting edge of real estate transformation and workplace strategy. You will be at the forefront of workplace innovation with the resources to execute on complex, sophisticated projects.
Furthermore, professional development and helping our people grow are two core beliefs at Deloitte. We provide access to advanced training programs and expert-taught workshops as well as mentoring and coaching to help you grow. Within DNA and across Deloitte we nurture talent by providing supportive leadership for growth opportunities, from hands-on experience to increases in responsibility to rewarding teamwork. We believe that development has no ceiling and we offer lifetime learning opportunities for people at every level of the organization.
What You'll Need
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. in Interior Design or Architecture.
- Eight+ years, experience designing corporate interiors, leading all aspects of design, leading senior client presentations, and alternative workplace strategy development.
- Previous experience managing design and service providers is preferred.
- Must be able to effectively persuade clients, build strong relationships, team well with others, and strategic thinker who is visionary with future focus on workplace
- Ability to manage tactical components to completion at scale across large projects or multiple teams and work streams
- Energetic, creative thinker, who can think more broadly and deeply, bringing greater value to our approach
- Ability to work remotely in a virtual team, and travel as required
- Strong communications (written and verbal) skills; proficient in English (written and spoken); technical writing skills preferred.
The Workplace Strategy Group, within Deloitte's internal Real Estate Team, is a tightly knit, high-performing team that prides ourselves on exceptional service and driving innovative solutions to deliver significant value for Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer some of the best employee benefits in the industry.
Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our culture values creativity and innovation. We celebrate our people and their uniqueness. We believe that collaboration is the key to opportunity and success.
Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we're a culture of purpose. Today, the interconnectedness of business, markets, politics, and culture requires the adoption of a unified, integrated ethos. At Deloitte, we believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want our potential candidates to feel prepared and confident. To help you ace your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the company and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Below, you'll find links to articles that are designed to help you prepare for your interview and show us why you're the perfect hire.
Putting your best foot forward in an interview.
What we look for when first meeting candidates.
Forward-thinking questions to pose during your interview.
7 tips to ensure a strong interview.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRAH011-CL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top