Workday HCM Data Conversion- Senior Solution Engineer- USDC
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, in addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community and make a positive impact on your peers. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your development. Finally, our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world’s leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities – people, process and technology and industry expertise – the capabilities needed to help our clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Workday HCM Senior Solution Engineer, Deloitte Consulting LLP
If you’re interested in working on mission-critical solutions, then joining Deloitte Consulting as a Senior Solution Engineer could be your most rewarding move. The role provides you the opportunity to sharpen your technical, analytical and business skills while working as a part of a team committed to delivering excellent service for clients around the globe. You will learn new skills that are in demand by our clients, gain expertise in Deloitte’s methodologies and contribute to increasingly complex duties.
In conjunction with our other delivery centers around the world, we offer development and sustainment services for our clients, both pre and post-implementation. Our continued growth has created the need for application development and management professionals to provide services in support of our client’s systems and business processes. Successful candidates will demonstrate both their ability to work independently and experience making decisions to complete assigned responsibilities from center leadership. We are seeking exceptional candidates who have the commitment to join a world-class client delivery organization that is a part of one of the world’s premier consulting firms.
We strive to be recognized as the leading professional services firm by demanding and delivering excellence, and by providing interesting, challenging work and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Come and excel within Deloitte Consulting. Our delivery centers provide complete operations services for application management, custom development, and business process support for clients. Our teams develop post implementation go-live support environments, construct the transition plan from the project team to the support team, and support and maintain the client applications and technology infrastructure.
Illustrative responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the client and team management including proactive value creation activities
- Serve as a resource for the team who may execute individually-assigned tasks
- Support pre-sales activities, solution design and project planning
- Responsible for defining, leading and developing project tasks
- Contributes to project strategy and deliverable planning, to include the vision and mission, work plans, and staffing
- Recommends options or solutions that meet a client’s needs and desired functionality
- Selects the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements
- Lead work streams in a larger program and directing the work of staff
- Articulates and frames business problems and solutions as appropriate for all client audiences
- Investigates root causes to client and project issues and proposes effective solutions
- Applies quality standards to work products
- Identifies and solves problems using analysis, experience, and judgment
- Develops solutions to clients’ problems through application of personal experience and methods and tools; validates solutions with subject matter experts
- Communicates how the engagement impacts risks, business objectives, and quality goals to guide the work of others
- Analyzes work product progress and provides objective reporting of project status
- Defines the overall goals of an engagement and communicates goals to and junior staff to guide their project work
- Communicates and enhances understanding of complex client issues by more junior staff
- Recognizes colleagues’ strengths and provides them with ongoing feedback and coaching
- Facilitates top-down and bottom-up communications and awareness for junior staff and management
- Performs analysis and effective diagnosis of clients’ issues
- Develops and shares reusable assets that can be readily applied to new client projects
- Understands the benefits of using state of the art methods and tools in their application on a particular engagement; contributes to continuous development of methods and tools
- Coordinates activities between work streams and identifies changes in scope
- Demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successful realization of client goals
- Able to adapt and operate effectively in ambiguous or rapidly changing environments
- Demonstrates accountability and contributes to the successful operation of the Center
- Understands success factors related to geographically diverse teams and applies mitigation strategies
If you are interested in a position, please contact us. To qualify for our Workday HCM role, you should possess the following:
- Experience in Workday full life cycle implementations
- At least 7 years strong HCM Consulting experience from a leading consulting firm in technologies such as SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Lawson, etc.
- We will consider industry hires with no prior consulting experience but they must possess deep prior HRMS experience
- Must have experience leading project teams through all phases of the technology implementation lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, build, go-live, testing)
- Experience with owning project budget, risk, resources and staffing
- Must be hands-on and in the weeds of the project and technology, this is NOT a PMO role
- Workday certification is a plus
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to travel up to 15 percent
In addition, successful Workday HCM will also have the following preferred skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- Strong presentation skills
“This position requires relocation to either Orlando, FL or Mechanicsburg, PA”
Requisition code: E17ORLCACSED005-HRT
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top