Work you’ll do
This position will be focused on implementing and supporting client projects for SNET and remote access to client sites, with an emphasis on IBM WebSphere and related middleware components. The consultant must have hands-on experience in middleware technologies, including full life cycle software implementation and integration. Extensive experience in application deployment automation utilizing tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, and Chef is a major plus.
A few key highlights of recent success include:
- Installing, configuring, administering, tuning, and troubleshooting of Jira, Jama, Git (Bitbucket), Tomcat (or equivalent J2EE) server applications
- Implementation of automation processes for installation, patching and monitoring of a diverse set of application development environments utilizing tools such as Chef
- Handling day-to-day support activities that arise in support of SNET-hosted environments
- Taking ownership of the projects to implement and support in SNET
- Coordination with onshore and offshore resources on project deliverables
- Ensure proper monitoring of all environment URLs for availability
- Manage all aspects of communication for each project with stakeholders and leadership
- Troubleshoot and resolve client engagement support issues
- Work with vendors to coordinate and facilitate issue resolution and licensing concerns
The Solutions Network (SNET) Practice
Deloitte’s Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte’s solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte’s clients.
The Solution Network consists of experts with knowledge of all major packaged applications and technologies – PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Siebel, middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .NET, networking, SAN, server virtualization, etc. SNET staff is also exposed to new and emerging technology, and in many cases serve as an R&D function for Deloitte.
- Four years prior work experience in IT, including two years’ work experience with any of the following tools: Jira, Jama, Buildforge, Tomcat, Git, WebSphere, Apache Web Server, IBM HTTP Server, Chef
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, administering, tuning, and troubleshooting application development platforms in Virtual Windows and Unix (AIX, Solaris, Linux) environments.
- Extensive 24/7 Level 2 Support Experience in troubleshooting with at least one of middleware or collaborative development platform.
- Extensive experience in scripting for automation of application deployments and other infrastructure components
- Knowledge of Chef, Puppet, or Ansible scripting for installation, patching, and monitoring is a plus
- Experience in Production level support for onsite and offshore teams during their development life cycle is a plus.
- Self-starter with the ability to respond to critical issues, manage critical trouble tickets and drive towards permanent resolutions
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Prior, active participation in infrastructure architecture, such as hardware sizing, effort estimation and security
- Candidate should be a goal-oriented individual with high standards for quality and performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, science, engineering or equivalent field, preferred
- Prior consulting experience highly desired
- Creative person with the ability to design innovative approaches to developing solutions
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Who says work can’t be fun? At Deloitte Digital, the worlds of business, creative, and technology intersect to transform the way we work, play, and communicate. We can’t quite put our finger on it, but that combo creates something kind of magical. In studios or on the road, we believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment and distinctive culture. Learn more about life at Deloitte Digital.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17ORLCASCAL012-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top