Work you’ll do
Deloitte Consulting’s SNET Emerging Solutions group is an integrated Technology Center of Expertise with highly skilled technical resources across several strategic areas such as Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Virtualization, middleware, custom development, and the full suite of SAP and Oracle products. SNET Emerging Solutions resources are focused on client delivery, driving innovation using leading edge technologies, and partnering with the practice through sales support and training opportunities. As the center of technology innovation and a critical client delivery service, SNET enables the practice to differentiate itself in the marketplace by providing innovative solutions that solve complex business problems.
A few key highlights of recent success include:
- 38% YOY revenue growth for SNET, Deloitte Consulting’s global solution center
- $1.38B in total revenue supported by SNET resources in FY16
- Leaders of the Deloitte Cloud, Deloitte’s integrated cloud computing IaaS capability
- Over 200 subject matter experts with technical certifications spanning SAP, cloud computing, Oracle, analytics, and custom development technologies
The Solutions Network (SNET) Practice
Deloitte’s Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte’s solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte’s clients.
The Solution Network consists of experts with knowledge of all major packaged applications and technologies – PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Siebel, middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .NET, networking, SAN, server virtualization, etc. SNET staff is also exposed to new and emerging technology, and in many cases serve as an R&D function for Deloitte.
- Five years prior work experience in IT, including two year work experience with IBM WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, IBM HTTP, Corticon products
- Extensive 24/7 Level 2 Support Experience in troubleshooting with at least one of the IBM WebSphere (Application Server, Portal, Enterprise Service Bus, Service registry and repository, process server, ILOG)
- Extensive experience in tuning WebSphere for J2EE JVM, Threads, Connection Pools, Data sources is a must
- Knowledge of IBM security components (ISIM, ISAM, etc) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, science, engineering or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to travel up to 30%
- Prior consulting in a Big 4 highly desired
- Experience in Production level support for onsite and offshore teams during their development life cycle
- Knowledge of FileNet products
- DBA skills with at least one of the following are a plus: DB2, SQL Server, Oracle
- Advanced degree
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Who says work can’t be fun? At Deloitte Digital, the worlds of business, creative, and technology intersect to transform the way we work, play, and communicate. We can’t quite put our finger on it, but that combo creates something kind of magical. In studios or on the road, we believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment and distinctive culture. Learn more about life at Deloitte Digital.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATCSRCAL011-SNET
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top