Web Development Engineer Lead
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
We are developing innovative solutions that leverage the latest technologies in open source and the cloud and are building a team of top-notch software engineers to create our next generation Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning platform.
You should be passionate about technology and love learning new technologies and implementing high quality, high scale global solutions. We want you to bring your excitement and technical expertise to deliver high quality work and continuously improve the ways we can better leverage Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning.
Most importantly you should brings new thinking, love technology, and be excited to help us take our vision to the next level.
This is just the beginning of Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning and we need you to help us define the future and get us there - a huge opportunity awaits!
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Build, design and implement high-volume, high-scale responsive web front ends, web APIs, data analtycs and machine learning solutions in the cloud
- Mentor junior development staff in the art of building software systems.
- Bring new ideas in cloud, big data, and machine learning software development
- Leverage industry knowledge and stay close to technology developments in the open-source and cloud communities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Practice and enforce Agile and Scrum development methodologies
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Years of Experience: 5+
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, design patterns and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with JAVA or C# with dotnet core (a major plus if experience with R, Scala, and Go)
- Must have built enterprise scale front-ends for distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, and information retrieval systems with rich data editing capabilities.
- Experience with test automation frameworks (Selenium, Karma, Robot Framework/Katalon), measuring code quality and technical debt.
- Outstanding communicator with both business and technology audiences
- Knows what is possible using latest technologies (open source, data stores, algorithms, etc.)
- Extensive experience working across teams and operating in an Agile Scrum culture
- Experience with continuous delivery and using agile techniques
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership
- Passionate for making things better and driving action
- Desire to understand our businesses and users
- Experience with statistical platforms is a major plus, such as R, SAS, and Informatica
- Experience with other visualization tools is a major plus, such as Tableau
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: DE18USAGOP005SO0968
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top