Value Added Tax - Manager
Are you a team player with a practical, business-oriented mindset? Do you enjoy working in an ever-changing global environment with fast-moving markets and evolving business models? Our Global VAT Services practice, a multicultural and energetic national specialty group within our International Tax practice, is looking for dynamic individuals who are self-motivated and prepared to travel to support the national practice and its international clients. If this is you, apply now!
What you'll do
As a Manager in Deloitte's Global VAT Services practice , you will:
- Advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the indirect tax implications of their international operations.
- Work with VAT/GST and other similar transaction-based taxes.
- Work directly with clients and liaise with indirect tax colleagues in Deloitte's global member firm network.
- Direct complex tax research, formulate tax-planning strategies, and perform tax reviews.
- Help integrate indirect tax planning into our client's overall business strategy, helping them comply with complex international indirect tax requirements in connection with, for example, a merger or acquisition, a global ERP implementation, maintaining compliance with multi-jurisdictional business transactions, or streamlining a multinational supply chain.
- Help clients reduce costs and manage tax compliance risk while increasing confidence that nothing has been missed.
- Work with technology-based compliance management solutions.
- Supervise Deloitte Tax Consultants.
Our Global VAT Services practice assists multinational companies with a wide array of indirect taxes including value-added tax (VAT), goods & services tax (GST), consumption tax, and many other transaction-based taxes. The practice concentrates its efforts on providing state-of-the art indirect tax advice to its clients, helping these businesses effectively manage indirect taxes by providing tax technical support, guidance on compliance and reporting requirements and process improvements, and assistance with leveraging technology solutions. We are a multicultural team from around the world with diverse backgrounds in tax, law, economics, business, and more. The practice works closely with Deloitte's Global network of VAT/GST specialists based in more than 150 countries worldwide.
- 5+ years' of general tax experience, preferably with at least 3 years focused on indirect taxes, including VAT/GST and similar transaction-based taxes
- Proven extensive technical expertise and a strong reputation within the field of indirect taxes
- In-depth, first-hand experience in a wide range of industries
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- Experience with an accountancy firm (Big 4 or otherwise), consultancy practice, law firm, or large tax department of a multinational company
- Familiarity with the tax consulting process and the effective diagnosis, solution, development, and implementation of clients' tax needs
- Indirect tax consulting and/or compliance experience
- Excellent research and oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management, coordination, and presentation skills
- Prior supervisory experience
- Experience in indirect tax automation (ERP or tax engine)
- Computer skills with knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- A proven track record handling indirect tax issues, regulations, disputes, audits, and rulings
- An advanced degree such as MST, JD, or LLM
- Experience in supply chain restructuring, data analytics, or compliance
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: X18SFOTMGRJM004-VAT
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top