US Tax Consultant in the Cayman Islands - Asset Management
About the firm
The Firm is a keen supporter of continued professional development of staff achieved through firm sponsored in-house training, seminars led by highly regarded industry consultants as well as financial support to enroll in external development programs such as the Chartered Financial Analyst. The Firm is NASBA-accredited, making it easier to maintain your professional designation.
We offer successful candidates a highly competitive annual base salary and a full range of benefits including a relocation package and 4 weeks annual paid leave. No Cayman Islands taxation will be imposed on the earnings while working in the Cayman Islands. In addition, successful candidates will also experience the enhanced lifestyle offered by the Cayman Islands.
About the team
The Tax Services team at Deloitte in the Cayman Islands works with our clients to minimize their tax liabilities and ensure their organization complies with local, federal and international tax law. The Cayman Islands are a tax-free domicile; however our clients are offshore companies, operating around the world. We offer a fresh look at our client's tax position with an eye towards broader business objectives. We work closely with our clients to understand the organization's global goals and strategies and how industry and economic trends affect their business. We provide a wide range of tax planning and compliance assistance to hedge funds and captive insurance companies. We also develop tax strategies that work and help streamline compliance processes.
About the role
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Tax services practice as a Consultant. As an important member of the tax team, you will be helping to solve client problems in your functional area. As a Consultant, you will have the opportunity to assist with providing consulting and related advisory services to public and private clients in our various industry sectors. You will act as a member of an engagement team and assist in performing aspects of the engagement, including planning, fieldwork, research on various issues, drafting and reviewing relevant documents and disclosures, coordinating and clearing all levels of review.
As a professional employee, at certain times during the year you will be expected to work overtime beyond your normal work hours in order to meet deadlines.
Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
- At least 2 years' experience in a public practice firm.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field. A Master's degree in Taxation, or a JD and/or LLM degree in Taxation is an asset.
- Possession of, or actively working towards obtaining an internationally recognized professional accounting qualification is an asset.
- Previous work experience in U.S. tax and exposure to U.S. corporate and international tax and or consulting is desirable. Exposure to the asset management industry, particularly hedge funds, private equity funds, and fund-of-funds vehicles is highly desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially in Excel and Word.
- Strong commitment to client service.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
Requisition code: 114042
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top