ts/t - Project & Portfolio Management - Manager
Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) is designed to provide IT and business leaders with insight into the many projects underway across their portfolios, and helps strategize on how to best align their resources and finances to move their organizations forward. PPM gives senior leaders the enhanced ability to monitor, control, and make intelligent adjustments to help fulfill their strategic goals. Deloitte's PPM practitioners work with CIOs, CFOs, and other senior leaders to develop the people, process, and tool capabilities needed to effectively manage portfolios of diverse, complex projects.
Work you'll do:
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Project Strategy and Assessment: Conduct strategic analysis to identify the client's current organizational maturity within the PPM space. Activities include conducting stakeholder interviews, performing gap analyses, developing a future state roadmap, and assisting with the vendor selection process
- Implementation and Delivery: Manage and deliver PPM related client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies. Understand and explain the various lifecycle components of the PPM space, including:
- Demand Management - Receiving, evaluating, and deciding upon the execution of project requests
- Project/Program Management - Managing and controlling project progress, resources, risks, issues, financials, scope, and quality
- Results Management - Managing, tracking, and reporting project results in comparison to the approved business case
- Portfolio Management - Monthly management of the overall portfolio. Constantly reassessing and improving processes
- Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
Technology Strategy & Transformation
From leading practice to business necessity, every business recognizes the need for a strategic cloud integration platform. At Deloitte Consulting, our technology strategy and architecture specialists help organizations develop the strategies and implement the systems that build business value and drive performance. We have the in-depth knowledge and experience gained from working on some of the most complex IT challenges around the globe, everything from system replacement to full IT transformation. Learn more about our Technology Strategy & Transformation practice .
- 6+ years of relevant IT consulting or industry experience.
- At least 2 years of experience managing large technology engagements.
- A minimum of 4 full life cycle implementations.
- 3+ years of Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) experience.
- Demonstrated prior experience in managing teams of 5+ resources through design, development, and/or operations of complex technology environments.
- Demonstrated prior experience with CA PPM or other leading PPM tools (such as Clarizen, Planview, HP PPM, Compuware Changepoint, Microsoft PPM, Oracle Primavera, OPPM Cloud, IBM Rational Portfolio Management) including design implementation experience, system assessment and business requirements.
- Ability to travel 80 - 100%.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- PMP Certified.
- Sales experience and testing.
- Experience with XML, and SQL.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E18NATCMGRKL570-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top