TS&T - Devops Engineer - Senior Consultant
Deloitte's Enterprise Agility Transformation Practice comprises passionate, like-minded agile enthusiasts who strive to fundamentally transform how our clients deliver value.
Our approach is feedback driven, co-creative and customized as we partner with our clients to design, implement and engineer, train, and coach organizations in a new way of working. Each member of our professional team is a strategic thinker, with a passion for helping organizations innovate the way they work. Success is defined in our ability to ask our clients the tough questions, challenge them towards making real, sustainable change and helping them achieve the change, by working with them, side by side. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
We are looking for frontrunners in the field of DevOps. Y ou may have a Software Development background, an Operations background or you were raised in a DevOps culture from the start of your career. The field of DevOps covers a wide range of organizational design, process design and technology engineering.
Work you'll do
- You live and breathe the DevOps/Continuous Delivery mind set and culture and will passionately evangelize and mentor client teams to shift their mindset and thinking
- You write code and will roll up your sleeves to pair program will software developers when needed. Let us know what your favorite language is: Python, Golang, Ruby, Shell Script or something else?
- You will help software developers apply good engineering practices ranging from BDD, TDD, Trunk Based Development, Clean Code, etc.
- You are intimately familiar with leading open source frameworks and tools and can work with software development and operations teams to enable DevOps automation ranging from Git, Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Selenium, xUnit, and others
- Innovating and extending the existing Deloitte LEAN framework, Agile and DevOps Methodologies customized to specific client context to help them operationalize a new way of working at scale
- Lead day-to-day pilot team implementations with clients and provide a diverse set of Agile and DevOps coaching services ranging from project management, requirements, design, development, testing, environment management, change and release, and support
Technology Strategy & Architecture
From leading practice to business necessity, every business recognizes the need for a strategic cloud integration platform. At Deloitte Consulting, our technology strategy and architecture specialists help organizations develop the strategies and implement the systems that build business value and drive performance. We have the in-depth knowledge and experience gained from working on some of the most complex IT challenges around the globe, everything from system replacement to full IT transformation. Learn more about our Technology Strategy & Architecture practice .
- 4+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Strong DevOps tooling and automation experience
- Proficient in Agile and Test driven development
- Understand Source Code Management.
- Change management and experience with operationalizing toolchains in enterprise environment by navigating the Release, Risk & Compliance and Change management processes.
- Understanding of IT Operating Model implications
- Proficiency with applying different SDLC methods including Agile, Scrum, XP, RUP and Kanban
- Advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Professional Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project required.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills: both written and verbal are required.
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time (Monday - Thursday/Friday)
- We are looking for a disciplinary engineer. If you recognize yourself in many of the following statements, we are interested in meeting you. Or if you are a specialist in some of the key technologies, we are interested just as much.
- You consider the Infrastructure as Code as standard way of working.
- Expertise in Continuous Integration, Automated Deployment, Automated Provisioning, Automated Testing.
- Proficient in cloud transformation on anyone of: AWS, Azure or Google
- Deep knowledge of many technologies to support these principles, like Jenkins, Sonar, Artifactory, XL Deploy, Chef, Salt Stack, Puppet or any other tool in the same category and actively research and experiment with new technologies like Docker, Packer, Consul, Kubernetes, CoreOS and many more.
- Capable of running your own code in production and managing these with central log aggregators and monitoring tools like the ELK stack, Splunk, Graphite, Grafana, Riemann or similar tools.
- Technical skills to set up high quality delivery pipelines.
- Consultancy skills to get the whole team aligned with the technical choices and the new direction.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E18EASCSRCLR201-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top