TS&A - Telecom OSSBSS Manager
Telecom OSS/BSS - Manager
Today's chief financial officers (CFOs) and financial executives are being asked to improve business performance and shareholder value, along with operational effectiveness and efficiency. Deloitte Telecom OSS/BSS Managers help clients delineate strategy and vision, design and implement process and systems which align with business objectives, having a measurable impact on growth. Do you want to be a part of a team that transforms the business landscape for its clients? Do you want to be on the winning team that drives transformation, improves productivity and streamlines business operations? Do you feel your skills surpass those of your peers and colleagues? If your answer is yes to all of these questions, it's very nice to meet you and we want to hear from you immediately!
Work You'll Do
Our practitioners work in integrated project teams on a range of projects covering the entire lifecycle from planning through to design, development and the deployment of solutions. These project teams will often include specialists from other technical disciplines from within the consulting practice and from our clients. A focus on team work is therefore critical. For our clients, our Telecom OSS/BSS Senior Consultants reduce cost and support innovation at the enterprise level by managing business requirements and leading the functional design, prototyping and process design stages of Telecom OSS/BSS implementations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Delivery: Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies. Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
Combined with the right talent, technology holds the key to many complex business challenges. Many businesses rely on solutions like Telecom OSS/BSS to achieve important business goals. At Deloitte Consulting LLP, we possess deep industry and functional knowledge of Telecom OSS/BSS and technology. We help our clients implement solutions to address the growth of connected devices, mobile consumption trends, next generation enterprise demands and digital transformation. Learn more about our Telecom practice.
Telecommunications Services and Solutions
- Business evolution and strategic flexibility
- Merger integration strategies including operation integration, PMO, and cost reduction
- Billing and operations support systems (OSS/BSS) transformation
- Advanced Mobile Service Solutions (AMSS) implementation
- Strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management
- Product lifecycle management
- Contact center and customer relationship management
- Sales force effectiveness
- Information technology strategies, IT cost reduction, business intelligence and application outsourcing advisory services
- 6+ years of relevant OSS/BSS technology architecture in a management consulting environment.
- At least 2 years of experience leading an architecture assessment and developing a roadmap to migrate the technical architecture of client.
- Must have experience successfully leading complex technical engagements and teams, throughout the entire project lifecycle, with team sizes ranging from 10-25 resources.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to the development and presentation of client proposals.
- Strong understanding of network architecture and signaling flows for 3GPP, 3GPP2, VoIP, IPTV, IP based applications and hosted/managed services
- Prior experience in developing, deploying or managing OMAP solutions
- Hands on experience of working with the Network Operations Center of a major telecom carrier
- Good understanding of the telecom industry specifications (3GPP, ITU, IETF) for one or more of the following technologies – 3GPP (familiar with all specs particularly in 23.xxx and 32.xxx series) , VoIP(SIP, H.323, H.245, RTP, RTCP) , IPTV, TCP/IP protocol suite
- Experience in developing and implementing end-to-end service assurance models for one or more of the above mentioned technologies
- Good understanding of KQI and KPI hierarchy associated with service model development
- Experience in working with one or more of the industry standard SQM platforms (IBM, Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Nokia-Siemens)
- 5 or more years of experience in developing software/hardware/middleware for telecom/networking components and SQM data sources
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience.
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. Our team has deep industry and functional knowledge of telecom OSS/BSS and technology. We can help you develop your tool belt and build your career in ways you probably never even knew existed. For you, leadership, core competency and consulting capability development are priority one here at Deloitte so we make sure you have the personal "hands-on" direction from the leadership team and Deloitte University to make sure your skills are developed on all fronts. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
Requisition code: E18NATCMGRTC007-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top