TS&A - Telecom Networking Sr Consultant
Telecom Networking - Senior Consultant
Today's chief financial officers (CFOs) and financial executives are being asked to improve business performance and shareholder value, along with operational effectiveness and efficiency. Deloitte Telecom Networking Senior Consultants help clients delineate strategy and vision, design and implement process and systems which align with business objectives, having a measurable impact on growth. Do you want to be a part of a team that transforms the business landscape for its clients? Do you want to be on the winning team that drives transformation, improves productivity and streamlines business operations? Do you feel your skills surpass those of your peers and colleagues? If your answer is yes to all of these questions, it's very nice to meet you and we want to hear from you immediately!
Work You'll Do
Our practitioners work in integrated project teams on a range of projects covering the entire lifecycle from planning through to design, development and the deployment of solutions. These project teams will often include specialists from other technical disciplines from within the consulting practice and from our clients. A focus on team work is therefore critical. For our clients, our Telecom Networking Senior Consultants reduce cost and support innovation at the enterprise level by managing business requirements and leading the functional design, prototyping and process design stages of Telecom Networking implementations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, writing and managing business requirements.
- Contributing to the functional and technical design, prototyping, and process design stages of implementations (including scenario design, flow mapping).
- Supporting configurations, customization, reports and interfaces, testing and user training.
Combined with the right talent, technology holds the key too many complex business challenges. Many businesses rely on solutions like Telecom Networking to achieve important business goals. At Deloitte Consulting LLP, we possess deep industry and functional knowledge of Telecom Networking and technology. We help our clients implement solutions to address the growth of connected devices, mobile consumption trends, next generation enterprise demands and digital transformation. Learn more about our Telecom practice.
Telecommunications Services and Solutions
- Business evolution and strategic flexibility
- Merger integration strategies including operation integration, PMO, and cost reduction
- Network Planning and Engineering (NP&E), and Network Operations transformation
- End user and Service Assurance platform and process design and implementation
- Strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management
- Product lifecycle management
- Contact center and customer relationship management
- Information technology strategies, IT cost reduction, business intelligence and application outsourcing advisory services
- Wireline/wireless, top tier National Carrier and/or OEM experience
- At least 4 years' experience in SDN/NFV architecture solutions
- Strong Cloud and Network Architectural experience in areas of applications, virtualization, network and security with Software Defined Network(SDN)/Network Function Virtualization(NFV) working experience; preferably a blend of data networking, cloud virtualization, and data security technologies.
- 1+ years project leadership with the integration of LTE into pre-existing networks
- Demonstrated history of identifying and resolving a wide range of network issues in imaginative and practical ways, as well as exercising good judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions
- Experience in understanding how interactions between LTE and pre-existing 3G network elements effect network operations
- Experience with design and implementation of efficient operational processes for service/resource performance and quality management (service assurance)
- Experience in performance management principles for wireless/wireline networks based on industry standards like eTOM/TAM and working knowledge of the FCAPS (fault, configuration, accounting, performance, security) model
- Define common process and methodology covering all phases of Service Assurance (Collect, Monitor, Analyze, Resolve, and Track) in line with available guidelines and existing procedures for the optimization of existing networks to improve quality of service (QoS) and customer quality of experience (QoE)
- Act as a liaison party with stakeholders in terms of end to end integration testing – for technical and business flow
- Familiarity with performance management tools and features required for effective network operations
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project and Visio
- Strong project management experience and a commitment to quality and cost consciousness
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
- Experience working in a relevant technical role, either with another consultancy, with a vendor or within an enterprise IT team
- Experience with IT organization design and management principles/techniques (ITIL, ITSM), as well as IT management
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. Our team has deep industry and functional knowledge of telecom networking and technology. We can help you develop your tool belt and build your career in ways you probably never even knew existed. For you, leadership, core competency and consulting capability development are priority one here at Deloitte so we make sure you have the personal "hands-on" direction from the leadership team and Deloitte University to make sure your skills are developed on all fronts. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCSRCTB005-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top