TS&A – ITBM Service Now – Manager
In seeking to support the organization's business in a more meaningful way, one answer for IT lies in plain sight: IT must operate more like a business - one focused on strategy, client service, business objectives, and value-based outcomes. A more business-focused approach for IT in the form of a comprehensive IT business management (ITBM) strategy can help IT elevate its role within the organization and help drive overall corporate success. In shifting to an ITBM posture, our IT leaders can:
- More clearly convey the value of IT for business executives
- Put in place solutions for efficiently managing IT cost, quality, and performance
- Align IT with enterprise goals and enhance decision-making capabilities
- Increase business value and lower costs by integrating governance and execution
Work you'll do
Our practitioners work collaboratively with the client leaders to enable IT to operate like a business rather than a cost center by sharpening the focus on business-driven IT strategy, organizational capabilities, and planning and delivery processes. Our practitioners are expected to own, manage, and deliver executable strategies to enhance the effectiveness and alignment of IT with the business. The deep technology experience combined with practical business strategy knowledge of our practitioners helps our clients to develop differentiated services in the following areas: IT Governance, Operating and Delivery Models, IT Service Management, Project Portfolio Management, IT Cost Optimization, and IT Financial Transparency.
Technology Strategy & Architecture
From leading practice to business necessity, every business recognizes the need for a strategic cloud integration platform. At Deloitte Consulting, our technology strategy and architecture specialists help organizations develop the strategies and implement the systems that build business value and drive performance. We have the in-depth knowledge and experience gained from working on some of the most complex IT challenges around the globe, everything from system replacement to full IT transformation. Learn more about our Technology Strategy & Architecture practice.
- 6+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- A minimum of 2 full life cycle implementations
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time (Monday - Thursday/Friday)
- Ability to work independently and manage complex teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated technology implications within one or more industries
- Strong program management skills with experience managing and delivering complex and critical programs
- Must have participated in one or more projects involving:
- Engagements: Current State Assessment, Future State Design, Roadmap Development, Health Check, Service Catalog Design, Application Alignment, Data Management Strategy, Process Maturity, Process and Tool Deployment.
- Process Frameworks: IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), ISO 20000, COBiT
- ITIL: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement and the processes in each of these five lifecycle phases
- IT Service Management Tools: ServiceNow and others
- Common IT Operations Subareas: Service Catalog Management, Service Level Management and Metrics, Security Management, Operational Metrics, Operational Governance
- IT Cost Optimization and Effectiveness
- IT Governance, Operating Model, and Delivery Model
- IT Financial Management – IT financial dashboards, charge back models, and IT cost management
- Technology Management Optimization
- Enterprise Demand and Project Portfolio Management
- Experience with ITIL Strategy
- A Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization (MBA Preferred)
- Experience with ITSM tools (ServiceNow and others)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCMGRKL004-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top