TS&A – IT Strategy- Media – Senior Manager
An effective IT strategy should enable IT to operate like a business rather than a cost center. We work to understand overarching business strategy at a deep level, going far beyond the C-Suite to uncover insights. We create solutions that are sharply focused while taking the full operating model into account, from people and intellectual capital to technology and processes. And when it comes time to put technology to work, we bring a demonstrated depth of knowledge to solution design, selection and implementation.
Work you'll do
As an IT Strategy practitioner, you will use the alignment of business and IT Strategy to help clients take advantage of changing market forces and trends. Our practitioners advise, develop and execute effective IT visions, strategies and roadmaps, in direct alignment and support of client business and technology objectives. Our Firm's IT Strategy areas of focus include IT Strategy Transformation, Enterprise Architecture, Agile Advisory, and Application Strategy, Selection and, Rationalization.
Technology Strategy & Architecture
From leading practice to business necessity, every business recognizes the need for a strategic cloud integration platform. At Deloitte Consulting, our technology strategy and architecture specialists help organizations develop the strategies and implement the systems that build business value and drive performance. We have the in-depth knowledge and experience gained from working on some of the most complex IT challenges around the globe, everything from system replacement to full IT transformation. Learn more about our Technology Strategy & Architecture practice.
- 8+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- At least 4 years of experience managing large technology engagements
- A minimum of 4 full life cycle implementations
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- 5+ years experience in IT strategy or IT management roles
- Demonstrated prior experience in managing teams of 5+ resources through design, development, and/or operations of complex technology environments (programs, applications, systems and/or infrastructure)
- Demonstrated prior experience in managing technology assessments and developing strategic recommendations
- Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated technology implications within one or more industries
- Demonstrated experience in business process improvement, leveraging information and technology
- Bachelor's Degree
Senior Managers are required to have at least one full lifecycle project experience in one or more of the following areas:
- IT Strategy & Transformation– Advise, develop and execute effective IT visions, strategies and roadmaps, in direct alignment and support of business and technology objectives.
- Enterprise Architecture – Deliver effective blueprints that guide the key technology decisions of why, what, when, and how to build technologies that ultimately deliver required business enablement, alignment and value.
- Agile Advisory – Support clients in adopting Agile at scale across their organization through training and coaching and provide support to overcome the organizational, governance, culture and people challenges associated with such a transformation.
- Application Strategy, Selection and Rationalization - Evaluate application and package investments and solutions to support business needs, enterprise strategy and go forward plans aligning client application initiatives with business strategies.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
- Understanding and experience with IT economics – including popular financial measures (such as CFROI, TCO etc)
- Experience working in a relevant technical role, either with another consultancy, with a vendor or within an enterprise IT team
- Experience with IT organization design and management principles/techniques (ITIL, ITSM), as well as IT management tools (e.g., Mercury, PlanView, ProSight, Niku)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCSRMTB003-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top