TS&A – IT Strategy Devops Lead – Senior Manager
The Deloitte Agile & DevOps Transformation Practice is a specialized practice that is founded on the mission to help clients transform their business and technology end-to-end to push new product innovation through scaling and accelerating technology delivery at startup speed.
DevOps is a specialized capability that we are growing in this practice to help IT organizations unlock greater automation and collaboration across their technology stack by applying leading-edge technology management and application deployment practices.
Our approach brings together the technical, organizational, cultural elements that must be considered when helping our clients embrace the DevOps mindset. A mindset based on continuous improvement, best in class engineering, and constant customer value. We help our clients adopt the DevOps mindset through a transformation approach that is feedback driven and co-creative, partnering with our clients to design, implement, train, and coach their organization. Each of our professionals is a strategic thinker with a passion for helping organizations innovate on the way they work. Our measure of success is our ability to ask our clients tough questions, challenge them towards making real sustainable change, and mentor them to embrace a working model designed to address the challenges of an environment of constant change
Work you'll do
As a DevOps Lead you will be tasked with growing the DevOps practice by assembling a team of professionals through internal talent and external hiring. Lead teams on multiple projects to define the DevOps Strategy, Implement and Execute for our clients. Define the growth strategy for the team and execute it.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
- Define and Implement the growth strategy for the team
- Lead DevOps projects within a larger Agile Transformation engagement and work directly with senior technology clients to make DevOps work for them
- Identify sales leads and prepare proposals and participate in sales/business development efforts within the Technology Consulting practice
- Lead the team to work with clients to design, configure, and manage a DevOps based IT management environment using Internal/External Cloud, Virtualization, Agile Application Lifecycle Management, and Distributed Management/Monitoring
- Build the capability within the practice to design and Implement Agile Application Automation Lifecycle Solutions including continuous integration, test driven development, and acceptance test driven development, continuous deployment.
- Design and implement virtualized and cloud-based architectures, leverage agile development techniques for scripting and setting up developers so that they can run what they build.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves to build working prototypes with clients by setting up and configuring software version control, release management, cloud provisioning, and monitoring within cloud environments.
- Continually expand the knowledge beyond of the team by mentoring and hosting skills development initiatives within the practice.
Technology Strategy & Architecture
From leading practice to business necessity, every business recognizes the need for a strategic DevOps and Cloud integration platform. At Deloitte Consulting, our technology strategy and architecture specialists help organizations develop the strategies and implement the systems that build business value and drive performance. We have the in-depth knowledge and experience gained from working on some of the most complex IT challenges around the globe, everything from system replacement to full IT transformation. Learn more about our Technology Strategy & Architecture practice.
- You are battle tested, you have led your team through complex engagements and able to demonstrate leadership skills. Established a great relationship with your clients and fostered an environment of trust.
- 8+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- At least 4 years of experience managing large technology engagements
- A minimum of 4 full life cycle implementations
- 6-8 years; experience application delivery or IT management/architecture, 3-4 DevOps related experience)
- Demonstrated prior experience in managing teams of 5+ resources through design, development, and/or operations of complex technology environments (programs, applications, systems and/or infrastructure)
- Demonstrated prior experience in managing technology assessments and developing strategic recommendations
- You bring both in-depth depth knowledge and years of hands-on experience in the application of DevOps techniques
- Experience as an infrastructure, operations or technical expert operating in the space between development and operations
- Proficiency in applying Lean / Kanban to enable technology environments that support constant innovation and continuous improvement for IT Architecture, Operations, Management and Support
- Experience in application of development style engineering practices in place of more traditional IT management style scripting for systems and IT operations
- Experience in data center automation, the latest configuration management tools and techniques, and various virtualization techniques and technologies
- Experience in tooling, code management, and deployment strategies that support both iterative & continuous development
- Application of agile engineering practices such as continuous integration/deployment, test first style automation, and code craftsmanship
- Practical experience in setting up internal, external and hybrid cloud systems supporting environments from DEV to PROD, including SaaS, IAAS,PAAS.
- Experience in supporting development teams who are promoting applications through these environments. Have worked with technologies such as IBM; Bluemix, IBM SmartCloud Orchestrator, Amazon RackSpace, Veritas, HP/OPSWare, Riverbed, Veritas, Nutanix, etc.
- Experience with a setting up, configuring, and managing standards and open source / vendor tools dedicated to setting up a just-in-time and continuously improving operational infrastructure (e.g. Puppet, Go, Gradle, IBM UrbanCode Deploy, OpenStack, NuGet, Mercurial, Git, Puppet Labs, Opscode, Librato ,etc.)
- Advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Professional Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project required.
- Experience with analysis of IT processes, re-engineering of processes to improve efficiency and quality
- Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated technology implications within one or more industries
- Demonstrated experience in business process improvement, leveraging information and technology
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Fridap>
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
- Understanding and experience with IT economics – including popular financial measures (such as CFROI, TCO etp>
- Experience working in a relevant technical role, either with another consultancy, with a vendor or within an enterprise IT team
- Experience with IT organization design and management principles/techniques (ITIL, ITSM), as well as IT management tools (e.g., Mercury, PlanView, ProSight, Niku)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17EASCSRMDW405-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top