Treasury Senior Consultant, Financial Services Industry
Our advisory practice solves our clients' most complex financial instrument and physical market challenges by delivering risk advisory, technical accounting, quantitative, technology and operational advisory services. Specifically, our consulting projects include risk assessment and solution implementation for business strategies and policies, business processes, organization structure, risk modeling, management reporting and treasury, trading and risk systems. We help clients draw the necessary information from the capital markets, their customers, regulators and other sources, analyze the information across risk classes, and report the information to managers in an efficient but secure format to facilitate tactical and strategic decision making.
Our professionals bring extensive experience in risk management, trading, treasury, investment management, operations, accounting, taxation, asset securitization, and management consulting to each assignment.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
We are looking for a Financial Services Industry (FSI) Treasury experienced Senior Consultant to join our treasury practice to help drive growth and manage delivery teams, bring subject matter expertise around Treasury processes, technology architecture, and reporting technologies to our consulting services. Our delivery of services focuses on treasury and risk management strategies, IT architecture strategies, treasury transformations, data management assessment and treasury and regulatory reporting solution delivery. This position will have the responsibility for supporting proposals and sales, and leading project planning, budgeting, project management, solution design and delivery and staff development, specifically to:
- Define, plan and execute projects related to FSI Treasury management solutions including asset-liability management, liquidity management, cash management, funding operations, funds transfer pricing, capital management and associated management and regulatory reporting requirements
- Lead and develop teams that deliver treasury and IT strategy and transformation design and implementation services to global and regional banks, bank holding companies and financial institutions
- Support the sales process for major opportunities
- Develop tools, methodologies and assets for project delivery
Deloitte is expanding its FSI Treasury consulting services. We are planning to develop our skill sets around treasury transformation, treasury IT architecture design and reporting technology offerings, including solutions to address pending regulatory reporting requirements.
The role will focus on business opportunities, growing the practice and strengthening the existing client relations through advisory services, solution design and delivery.
The role provides excellent opportunity for:
- Playing a key role in client communication, relationship development and retention
- FSI Treasury solution delivery
- Lead engagement planning, execution, and management
- Ensuring products/deliverables meet contract/ work plan specifications and deadlines
- Involvement in developing tools and methodologies for project delivery
- Involvement in expanding our service offering and business growth
- MBA, PMP, or CFA preferred;
- 4+ years of FSI Treasury management or consulting experience
- Entrepreneurial nature: resourcefulness; flexibility; creativity; energy and versatility.
- Strong sales, presentation, consulting, project management, client, and training/ mentoring skills
- Strong executive presence and good communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead a team and to establish credibility as a trusted advisor with clients.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Conceptual and quantitative depth in treasury and risk methodologies and concepts and underlying markets, products and models
Strong background and knowledge in:
- ALM, liquidity management, bank treasury operations and cash management, funding operations, funds transfer pricing and capital management
- Prior experience with Treasury transformation, IT architecture design, data management assessment and treasury and regulatory reporting solution delivery as business or technical manager
- Deep treasury operations and/or technology architecture background across trading, analytic and information systems
- Expert understanding of complex financial and traded products across consumer, commercial or investment banking businesses
- Experienced in managing or working with risk IT teams to implement processes, methodologies and systems to enhance reporting infrastructure with a particular interest in liquidity forecasting and scenario analysis, ALM reporting, and funds transfer pricing methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate treasury business requirements to IT technical teams
- Hands-on experience with any Treasury front office, analytic, risk management, collateral management, and reporting systems
- Experience from leading solutions for FSI treasury data storage (E.g. data warehouses such as Teradata, IBM, Oracle), ETL (IBM, Ab initio, and business intelligence tools (e.g. OBIEE, Business Objects)
- Adept at designing and implementing technology-enabled business solutions for clients as part of a high-talent team.
- Experience in defining treasury business requirements, IT strategy, data requirements or designing and implementing practical business solutions to support risk analytic and reporting requirements.
Requisition code: E17NATESRCSK002-FSI
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top