Transfer Pricing Senior Manager - Chicago
Business beyond borders. Transfer pricing on a global scale—a multidisciplinary field that integrates economics, business, legal, and tax principles in the evaluation of global intercompany transactions. You have to know what you're doing on the ground in every locality and how that impacts every other location and the overall international strategy of the client, while staying current with ever-evolving challenges and regulations. Experience the world with a view beyond borders! If you have a passion for global consulting, and the mindset to conceptualize these complex and evolving needs, Deloitte has the perfect position for you that's out of this world!
What you'll do
As a Senior Manager, you will:
- Work with Ph.D. economists, tax attorneys, business professionals, and tax specialists in a team environment to analyze and resolve international transfer pricing issues faced by multinational enterprises in a wide variety of industries.
- Establish relationships with clients, develop and implement sales strategies, and participate in all aspects of an engagement from the planning to the execution stage.
- Supervise assignments of engagement teams, and provide leadership, counseling, and training to Consultants, Senior Consultants, and Managers.
- Perform and supervise detailed economic and financial analyses including complex modeling and empirical analyses.
- Assist in drafting proposals, reports, document requests, client presentations, and other client materials.
- Be an integral part of strategic planning for clients.
- Participate in practice development activities.
Members of the highly-specialized Deloitte Tax Transfer Pricing group work to develop transfer pricing strategies, audit defense, and documentation to cover the spectrum of transfer pricing issues. Transfer pricing is an international practice that is client-facing, providing unique opportunities to work with global Deloitte teams on international engagements. Transfer Pricing practitioners, utilizing the latest technology and strategies, develop a rich set of skills that combine the rigor of modeling, empirical analysis, and economic ideas with the interaction and energy of a global consultancy practice, to help clients work with complex and dynamic issues surrounding transfer pricing needs on a global level.
Euromoney Magazine and the International Tax Review have consistently rated Deloitte's transfer pricing group as a top practice, both in the United States and globally. Deloitte provides a rewarding, professional experience with competitive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for professional growth. Fortune, Business Week, and Working Mother magazines consistently rank Deloitte among the best places to work.
- 7+ years' experience working in Transfer Pricing with the technical skills and professional qualities necessary to provide our clients with the quality service they expect
- BA or BS in economics or business administration
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including strong presentation skills)
- Prior supervisory experience
- Travel may be required
- Advanced degree (MBA, Masters in economics or finance, or PhD)
- Computer skills with knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
- Requires a minimum of eight (8) years of direct transfer pricing experience
- Requires a four (4) year undergraduate degree in Econ or other business related field of study.
- Requires min of four (4) years of transfer pricing experience in a big four or consulting firm.
- Requires direct supervisory experience.
- A graduate degree is highly desired, i.e.: Masters, JD, LLM or PhD.
Requisition code: E18CHITSRMJM020-TP
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top