TIS Manager, Post-Merger Tax - Compliance or Tax Provision required
M&A Transactions. Divestitures. Joint Ventures. Bankruptcy Planning/Emergence E&P. Stock Basis. Loss Limitations. Legal Entity Rationalization. You know what these terms mean and you have strong compliance and/or tax provision skills. You have worked with public companies and/or large multi-nationals. This is the job for you!
Work you'll do
As a Manager you will:
- Analyze and understand complex tax issues through reading financial statements, regulatory filings, transactional documentation, client correspondence, and tax returns. Translate that knowledge into assisting in the evaluation of the income and indirect tax implications of proposed integrations, divestitures, and related business transformational transactions.
- Direct complex tax research, formulate tax-planning strategies, and perform tax department assessments, working with others within Deloitte Tax to ensure delivery of impactful client service at the highest possible level.
- Expand your tax research skills via extensive tax research involving complex technical tax and operational issues (e.g. taxation of corporations and pass-throughs, tax accounting methods, tax operations, indirect taxation schemes in the United States and abroad).
- Supervise assignments by tax professionals at the senior consultant and consultant levels with Deloitte Tax focusing on project management and effective communication skills.
- Be responsible for the development and motivation of the engagement teams and provide them with leadership, counseling, and project guidance.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and instincts with respect to evaluating complex scenarios, while supervising and developing our people.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation – with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
The Transaction & Integration Services (TIS) practice advises businesses and their investors on tax matters associated with integration, divestment, joint ventures, bankruptcy emergence, public equity offerings, and legal entity realignment. They assist clients on the following matters of taxation:
- Those resulting from the transaction (such as transaction costs, NOL limitations, and golden parachute rules).
- Departmental operations (e.g. combined financial accounting, tax department assimilation, or tax ops stand-up).
- Those arising from synergy capture and business or process changes (e.g. Day 1 Readiness integration roadmaps, project plans).
Members of this team also provides stock basis and Earnings & Profit (E&P) analysis for companies that are restructuring, disposing of unwanted subsidiaries, making strategic acquisitions using both cash and stock, spin transaction, worthless securities deductions, or contemplating bankruptcy. They complete E&P and stock basis computations for consolidated groups and large separate entities.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or JD
- 5+ years' experience in core federal tax compliance, including multistate, international, or comp & benefits tax
- Working knowledge of corporate tax issues associated with business combinations and divestitures, including substantial experience in taxation of corporations and their shareholders, partnerships and their partners, and similar disciplines
- Knowledge of ASC 740, tax accounting, and basic multi-state and international tax principles
- Experience participating in all aspects of engagement strategic planning initiatives and supervising broad project teams
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a management and executive presence
- Highly disciplined and able to work under strict deadlines in fast-paced collegial environment
- Able to travel up to 80%
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, LLM, or JD
- Big 4 experience or equivalent
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18CHITMGRFS006-NFT
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top