Technology Systems Integration, Public Sector, Health & Human Services - Consultant
Are you a resourceful problem solver that thrives in the identification and definition of creative, effective technology solutions? As a Health and Human Services Technology Consultant, you help clients set-up, manage, and operate their most complex projects, define functional requirements for technology solutions, and design and derive transformative approaches for technology systems.
Work you'll do
As a core member of our team, you work within an engagement team to create software solutions that help our clients solve problems, expand market share, improve operations, and grow their business. You won't work alone. You'll work alongside smart, dynamic colleagues. You'll engage in:
- Requirements Elicitation and Management
- Joint Application Design Sessions
- Creating Robust, Effective, Scalable Solutions
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice.
State Government- Health and Human Services
For over 40 years, Deloitte has helped federal agencies and U.S. states implement and manage the complex Health and Human Service programs that promote the health, safety and wellbeing of its citizens. We are a proven partner in Health and Human Services technology and bring business and project management experience to our clients' challenges. Our practitioners are dedicated to working with public sector clients and bring a broad range of experience and skills.
Public Sector Practice
Deloitte Consulting is in the business of enabling governments to deliver extraordinary advantages to citizens through unprecedented efficiency, accountability, and responsiveness. Our mission is simple - to help governments serve the 21st century citizen. As an organization with deep commercial industry knowledge, Deloitte Consulting's Public Sector Practice is a source of best practices in Strategy, Financial Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Technology Integration, and Human Capital. Our government clients turn to us for better insights into leading strategies and to tap into our network of prominent teams across our industry programs. Deloitte Consulting has the people, the experience and the resources to meet the needs of our clients.
Consultants in the Public Sector practice are required to have:
- 1 year of experience in the design, development or implementation phases (business or technical) for Health and Human Services applications using system transfer, COTS, custom development or hybrid approaches. Experience in one of the following business areas is preferred:
- Integrated Eligibility-SNAP/TANF
- Child Welfare (SACWIS)
- Child Support- Case Initiation, Locate, Establishment, Enforcement, Financials, Case Management, Interstate Case processing, Reporting
- 1 year of experience with domain knowledge in eligibility programs such as SNAP, TANF, Food Stamps, Child and Medicaid
- 2 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- 2 years of business process analysis, mapping, and design.
- 2 years of experience in requirements analysis and performing current state system analysis
- 2 years of performing conceptual and technical designs, including the use of object-oriented analysis and design techniques
- 1 year of experience with Agile, Scrum, Waterfall or RUP Methodologies
- 2 years of experience in translating requirements into optimized designs, and identifying design alternatives and implications on functionality, effort, performance and operations
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
In addition, successful Consultants will have the following preferred background:
- Familiarity with HHS policies and mandates
- Experience with MVC patterns
- Experience with common OO design patterns
- Testing, including all phases: System, Integration, and Performance Testing and ensuring traceability
- Exposure to TOGAF, NEIM (or other architecture framework)
- Experience with Middleware and/or SOA based implementations.
- Experience planning, tracking and delivering projects using Microsoft Project and documenting processes in Microsoft Visio
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills including development and delivery of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Experience with cloud solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Experience leading work planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Experience conducting interviews and documenting requirements
- Experience leading design sessions and defining future state processes
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Requisition code: E18CENCCONCT104-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top