Technology System Development - Functional Public Sector MES Senior Manager
Technology System Development – Functional – Public Sector – Medicaid Enterprise Systems (MES) Senior Manager
Are you a talented, creative professional, interested in working in a team atmosphere to create innovative solutions that solves our clients’ most complex issues? Are you interested in creating elegant, effective solutions, while continually learning and expanding your skills?
Work you’ll do
As a Senior Manager you will bring considerable technical expertise to deliver effective solutions to clients.
- Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop “thoughtware” and “point-of-view” documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice.
State Government- Medicaid Enterprise Systems (MES)
For over 40 years, Deloitte has helped federal agencies and U.S. states implement and manage the complex health and human service programs that promote the health, safety and wellbeing of its citizens. We are a proven partner in Medicaid Enterprise Systems (MES) and service delivery; and bring technology, business and project management experience to our clients’ challenges. Our practitioners are dedicated to working with public sector clients and bring a broad range of experience and skills to our clients’ challenges.
Public Sector Practice
Deloitte Consulting is in the business of enabling governments to deliver extraordinary advantages to citizens through unprecedented efficiency, accountability, and responsiveness. Our mission is simple – to help governments serve the 21st century citizen. As an organization with deep commercial industry knowledge, Deloitte Consulting’s Public Sector Practice is a source of best practices in Strategy, Financial Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Technology Integration, and Human Capital. Our government clients turn to us for better insights into leading strategies and to tap into our network of prominent teams across our industry programs. Deloitte Consulting has the people, the experience and the resources to meet the needs of our clients.
Senior Managers in the Medicaid Public Sector practice are required to have:
- 10+ years’ experience leading the business operations of a State Medicaid program across the various MITA business processes (including member, provider, claims, and care management).
- 10+ years’ liaising with technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on functional requirements, issues, and decisions
- 10+ years’ experience in day-to-day management of State Medicaid operations using current Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS) and tools
- 10+ years of experience managing all or significant portions of a MES / MMIS Fiscal Agent business operations environment
- Exhibit strong understanding of end-to-end Medicaid health plan business processes and interactions with both internal and external stakeholders
- 10 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A willingness to travel 80 – 100% of the time
In addition, successful Senior Managers will have the following preferred background:
- Experience planning, tracking and delivering projects using Microsoft Project and documenting processes in Microsoft Visio
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills including development and delivery of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor and grow junior staff
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATCSRMAF205-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top