Technology System Development - Functional Public Sector MES Senior Consultant
State Government- Medicaid Enterprise Systems (MES)
For over 40 years, Deloitte has helped federal agencies and U.S. states implement and manage the complex health and human service programs that promote the health, safety and wellbeing of its citizens. We are a proven partner in Medicaid Enterprise Systems (MES) and service delivery; and bring technology, business and project management experience to our clients' challenges. Our practitioners are dedicated to working with public sector clients and bring a broad range of experience and skills to our clients' challenges.
Public Sector Practice
Deloitte Consulting is in the business of enabling governments to deliver extraordinary advantages to citizens through unprecedented efficiency, accountability, and responsiveness. Our mission is simple - to help governments serve the 21st century citizen. As an organization with deep commercial industry knowledge, Deloitte Consulting's Public Sector Practice is a source of best practices in Strategy, Financial Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Technology Integration, and Human Capital. Our government clients turn to us for better insights into leading strategies and to tap into our network of prominent teams across our industry programs. Deloitte Consulting has the people, the experience and the resources to meet the needs of our clients.
Essential attributes of a functionally focused Senior Consultant at Deloitte Consulting:
A Senior Consultant at Deloitte works within an engagement team and is responsible for identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, business process design, testing, training, defining operational procedures and supporting implementations.
Senior Consultants in the Public Sector practice are required to have:
- 4+ years' experience leading the business operations of a State Medicaid program across the various MITA business processes (including member, provider, claims, and care management).
- 4+ years' liaising with technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on functional requirements, issues, and decisions
- 4+ years' experience in day-to-day management of State Medicaid operations using current Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS) and tools
- 4+ years of experience managing all or significant portions of a MES / MMIS Fiscal Agent business operations environment
- Exhibit strong understanding of end-to-end Medicaid health plan business processes and interactions with both internal and external stakeholders
- 4 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
- Experience planning, tracking and delivering projects using Microsoft Project and documenting processes in Microsoft Visio
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills including development and delivery of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor and grow junior staff
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
Requisition code: E18NATCSRCAF201-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top