Technology Senior Consultant - Data Integration
Deloitte Consulting's technology professionals help clients identify and solve their most critical information and technological challenges. We provide advisory through end-to-end implementation services as well as outsourcing services and are recognized in the marketplace for capabilities across the spectrum.
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient, technology-based solutions to our clients. Our professionals are also aligned to industry sectors. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients' business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world's leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients. By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
Our professionals are aligned with a technology service line to promote the development of deep technical skills and experiences and improve our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues. Our service lines include: Analytics & Information Management, SAP Package Technologies, Oracle Package Technologies, Strategy & Architecture, Deloitte Digital, Systems Integration and Application Management Services.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
A Senior Consultant at Deloitte will manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies.
Responsibilities include, among others, managing and leading teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, building, developing, implementing, testing, training, defining support procedures.
Candidates are required to have:
- 4+ years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience.
- 2+ years industry experience within any of the following industires, Banking, Insurance, Telecommunication, Travel & Hospitality & Leisure, Media & Entertainment, Life Sciences, Oil & Gas or Power & Utilities.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience.
- Proficient in one or more of major ETL tools such as SAP Business Objects Data Studio, Informatica PowerCenter, IBM InfoSphere Datastage, SAS Data Integration, Microsoft SSIS, Pentaho/Kettle, AbInitio, etc.
- Proficient in one or more of major data modeling tools such as CA Erwin, IBM Data Architect, Oracle Designer and their administration.
- Proficient in one or more of major metadata tools and their administration.
- Proficient with databases in both single and distributed systems architectures, massive parallel processing archtiectures.
- Good understanding of one or more of major BI Reporting tools such as SAP Business Objects, Oracle Hyperion, IBM Cognos BI, SAS BI tools, etc.
- Good understanding of one or more of major OLAP tools such as MicroStrategy, Oracle Hyperion, Brio, SAS tools, IBM Cognos TM1, etc.
- Provide support on data quality components during the implementation of the solution architecture.
- Provide technical recommendations for optimized data access and retention for the data warehouse.
- Provide oversight support to the design, development and QA teams.
- Define areas of improvement to optimize data flows.
- Identify strategy for data acquisition and archival.
Qualified candidates are also required to have ability in one or more of the following areas:
- Development of statements of work and/or client proposals
- Identify business opportunities to increase usability and profitability of information architecture
- Experience with program leadership, governance and change enablement
- Develop and manage vendor relationships
- Lead workshops for client education
- Manage resources and budget on client projects
- Ability to scope out the effort and cost for an enterprise reporting solution
- Ability to define how an enterprise information system will align with the organization's business and strategic objectives
- Ability to manage multiple teams on a data warehousing engagement and not only
In addition, successful candidate will also have the following preferred skills and experience:
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, etc.) and consulting skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred.
- Experience in leading, coordinating, managing teams formed of more than 3 persons.
- Willingness to work abroad in Europe for up to 6 months per year, typically Monday to Thursday/Friday.
Requisition code: RO_29012016_IT3
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top