Technology Quality Assurance – Senior Consultant
Do you like to get your hands techno-dirty, maybe you've seen an implementation or two, even know something about tax and/or accounting? Our team builds and delivers the next generation of tax applications and services to clients. We need pioneering, entrepreneurial, and passionate professionals who thrive on what's possible to support some of the largest corporations on the planet.
What you'll do
As a Senior QA Analyst, you will work closely on a daily basis with application developers, functional experts, and project managers to thoroughly test and sign off on changes and pro-actively identify potential problems in our applications. You will be responsible for creating and executing test plans against product releases and execute manual and automation testing based on requirements. Additional responsibilities include:
- Design, review, deploy, and maintain new test packages (test case and test script design, development and maintenance, test execution plans, and test data development).
- Test all level complexity system applications and verify all output.
- Report any applications defects or non-compliance with business/functional requirements.
- Review and interpret all documentation including business requirements, functional and design specification, etc.
- Ensure conformance and application of test process management tools process and guidelines.
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives by providing feedback on deployed process, helping the piloting of software quality control methodologies.
- Create supporting documentation and administrative reports (defects/execution report and timesheets).
Deloitte's TMC group helps our clients' tax departments improve their operations by developing new technology-enabled, cutting-edge methods and processes. Deloitte TMC professionals are aligned across our global network of member firms to address our clients' objectives in a seamless fashion. Deloitte TMC teams include industry, tax, organizational change, technology, and co-sourcing specialists who help connect our clients' global strategies and the options that exist to turn theory into an executable plan. Learn more about Deloitte Tax Management Consulting.
The Tax Data Management & Analytics (TDMA) team deploys and configures our Custom Tax Portal Application at our clients' sites. TDMA offers a full solution of tax-based process and technology services (including product implementations) to enhance a corporate tax department's ability to deliver value-added contributions to its organizations. The scope of services includes the design and implementation of multiple advanced analytics technology and data management solutions.
- 6+ years of relevant quality assurance experience
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written skills including excellence in writing test cases and test plans
- Strong experience in manual and automation testing
- Strong technical and programming skills
- Experience working on large projects with multiple releases on manual testing with incremental improvements using automation
- Strong experience using Selenium/Protractor automation tools
- Strong experience working with CI/CD and QA automation configuration
- Strong debugging skills to resolve test script issues
- Experience on either jUnit or TestNG frameworks
- Experience with database, integration, compatibility, UI usability, installation, or security testing
- Experience with Agile development
- Innovative and self-motivated with the ability to quickly grasp new technologies and applications
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly-collaborative environment
- Experience with JAMA and/or JIRA
- Tax experience
- Big 4 experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ANYTSRCJD025-TMC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top