Technology Manager-Global Tax and Legal
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
The Global Tax and Legal Technology Manager serves as an integral member of the Global Tax and Legal M&T team and is responsible for managing initiatives to develop business processes, tools, and technologies for the global tax and legal function as required. The incumbent shall have experience developing tools and technologies.
The individual will be assigned to manage operational activities in one or more Global Tax and Legal M&T offerings.
The individual interacts regularly with Tax and Legal leadership, Member Firm Chief Technology Officer resources, Global Tax and Legal Office members, project teams and other functions as part of large teams locally and virtually.
Technology Project Management
- Serve as a liaison between business owners and technology organizations by understanding business requirements and translating them into technology expectations
- Oversee projects to ensure they achieve desired goals
- Resolve issues and mitigate risks proactively to deliver quality solutions based on Deloitte standards and user requirements
- Recommend technological solutions/options when required on projects and teams to achieve business objectives.
- Provide input into quality standards for development projects.
- Proactively work with Tax & Legal service lines and member firms to develop and execute plans to deploy technology solutions in member firms
- Build and manage relationship with Tax & Legal service lines and member firms, MF CTO and Technology groups
- Coach and mentor individuals at all levels in the organization in the context of Methods & Tools
- Provide performance management feedback
Knowledge Sharing / Documentation
- Serve as a subject matter specialist in tax & legal technology landscape
- Manage development and continuous improvement of processes and tools as assigned
- Develop and conduct training sessions (e.g., framework and content development training)
- Identify, develop, and implement best practices from both internal and external environments to improve Tax methodologies, tools and technology solutions
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree (strongly preferred)
- Project Management Certification preferred
Years of Experience
- 5 till 8 years
- Minimum 3 years as product manager, technical lead or architect
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing, building, and deploying enterprise solutions with exposure to multiple software packages/vendors, programming languages, and technology platforms. Analytic based solution requirements such as Tableau, Qlikview
- Experience in a consulting role (either internal role or external client facing position) preferred
- Strong technical aptitude
- Software Development Lifecycle experience
- Experience working on applications for global use is a plus
- Overall Tax and Legal knowledge is a plus
- Able to work under constantly changing conditions and tight deadlines
- Be a self-starter capable of working within various groups and delivering a consistent high level of performance
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate to all leadership levels
- Advanced presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong organizational, planning and management skills
- Manage multiple goals and deadlines
- Culturally and organizationally astute
- Strong skills of influencing, negotiation, diplomacy
- Ability to combine timely and tactful influence to accomplish difficult tasks across service lines
Requisition code: DE17CHIGOP005TG52
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top