Technical Project Manager
Please note this role is open in Chicago and Glen Mills, PA only and is not open for remote work.
In Global Technology Services, we make an impact by providing leading edge technology products and support to the entire Deloitte organization. We offer innovative technology solutions that cross borders and help Deloitte deliver and connect with their clients, their communities, and one another in ways they never thought possible.
As an integral part of ensuring projects are delivered on time, on budget, to scope and desired quality, the Project Manager reports directly to a Global Technology Services (GTS) Portfolio Manager or a GTS PMO Senior Project Manager and works on projects originating from Business Solutions groups, CTO (Infrastructure and Technology and GISO (Global Information Security).
The incumbent is responsible for the end-to-end project delivery effort including: oversight of project status; managing project team resources; ensuring project milestones are met; project status reporting; and monitoring to keep projects on schedule and to budget within identified standards. Responsible for risk identification, resolution and escalating as required through proper channels to ensure consistent and efficient delivery.
- Manage overall planning, execution and delivery of projects
- Track project status, manage and escalate project issues and risks as appropriate
- Ensure project milestones are met and determine mitigation if risk of not meeting milestones exist
- Provide project status reporting to leadership
- Responsible for project specific budget monitoring and activities
- Escalate project issues and risks as appropriate to senior management
- Build and lead effective project teams
- Provide performance feedback and capability development of project team members
- Develop and execute resource management plans
Knowledge Sharing / Documentation
- Document and file project level lessons learned
- Participate in PMO center of excellence programs (eg: coaching/mentoring etc.)
- Deliver timely project health and performance dashboards
- Establish and facilitate regular project team meetings
- Create, maintain and communicate as appropriate project risk and issue logs
Responsibilities listed here represent a core set of duties for this position. Responsibilities may be added or modified based upon business needs. Other duties may be assigned by managers of this role at their discretion.
Education/Others: Bachelors Degree
Years of Experience: 7- 10+
* Number of years experience is provided as a guideline for hiring managers and represents experience typically needed to be successful in this role. Candidates with more or less years of experience may be considered based upon education, unique skills or other factors to be determined at time of hire.
- PMP or Prince2 certification
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Management knowledge and skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ensures the primary goals of GTS IT governance: for investments to generate business value are promoted, understood and managed and met. In-depth knowledge of portfolio, businesses, functions and all relevant stakeholders to successfully drive decisions and recommendation regarding the IT portfolio
- Understands Deloitte's major IT systems and the level of support provided for key business processes; Understands IT fundamentals including management concepts, IT methods and tools, architecture, business IT strategy, technology strategy, organization structures, people and skills, sourcing strategies, finance and supporting systems
- Demonstrates basic understanding of Deloitte's IT strategy, how the strategy is being implemented within GTS and ability to ask appropriate questions. Demonstrates general understanding of client facing and enabling area technologies
- Demonstrates an understanding of overall project goals and how results/deliverables of the work stream will impact the organization
- Proven track record in applied Project Management
- SAP experience and knowledge would be preferred
- Experience working on complex application and infrastructure technology projects
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies and terminology
- Six Sigma is preferred
- Ability to work comfortably with senior executives
- Conceptual and critical thinker
- Ability to work effectively with ambiguity
- Program management experience
Requisition code: DE18USAGTS005SY1187
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top