Technical Editor (Lead Specialist, Communications) - Audit & Assurance
We're regarded as leaders in Audit and our approach is designed to provide the flexibility to serve the unique circumstances and complexities of our clients.
Work you'll do
As a technical editor, you will perform reviews of internal audit-related policies, guidance, and tools and Web content. The technical editor will work closely with authors, copy editors, and desktop publishers to help ensure that content is clear, accurate, informative, and efficiently presented.
Our team culture is collaborative and encourages team members to take initiative. We are committed to excellence and quality is our top priority.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in English, journalism, or a related field.
- At least five years of experience editing complex, technical material. A background in editing financial or business content is preferred but not required. Some familiarity with the accounting profession is a strong advantage.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Ability to analyze the structure of content and think critically.
- Mastery of grammar and usage rules.
- Ability to make editorial decisions with minimal supervision.
- Good project management skills, including working with editorial managers to establish deadlines, manage approvals, contribute to proposed communication plans with key stakehold
- Ability to review the work of others and contribute constructive criticism and suggestions for improvement.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and tight deadlines.
- Ability to shift priorities, multitask, and work independently.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word; experience with editing electronic manuscripts. Experience in using templates to ensure consistency in content.
- Experience with content management systems and electronic workflows is a strong advantage.
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, we believe in professional development and helping our people grow. We offer learning opportunities to help you sharpen your skills.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATASSPSMB030-AU
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top