Technical Architecture:cloud And Infrastructure Engineer
Deloitte Consulting LLP ("Deloitte Consulting") is one of the nation's leading consulting firms for business strategy, operations, technology and human resources planning. We bring together a strong combination of experience, scale and capabilities to help clients address their most complex business problems. The organizational structure of our parent organization, Deloitte LLP ("Deloitte") and our collaborative approach integrate our consulting services with other Deloitte subsidiaries offering tax services, financial advisory services, and risk management capabilities.
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) serves as a global team connecting Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners in support of client pursuits, solution development and practice development. The SNET does this by combining experts with knowledge of all major enterprise technologies (PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, Siebel, Middleware, BI/DW, Networking, Cloud & Infrastructure, etc.) with a hosted infrastructure spanning an array of hardware vendors, operating systems, and application platforms.
With nearly 10,000 Deloitte Consulting employees in more than 80 U.S. cities, we understand that people are our most precious resource. As a dynamic and leading edge company, Deloitte offers a phenomenal opportunity for staff to join a high growth environment to expand, enhance and strengthen their client service and technology skills.
The Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for providing deep technical expertise in support of all activities related to cloud and infrastructure architecture across a variety of platforms and operating systems. This individual must possess a working knowledge of cloud and infrastructure technology backed. As an innovative problem solver, the individual will support the development and operation of innovative solutions in cloud and infrastructure technologies. This is a national client facing role with an expectation for up to 65% travel, as dictated by project requirements, focused on supporting cloud and infrastructure technologies across multiple client projects.
Primary responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide hands-on cloud and infrastructure system administration & troubleshooting expertise
- Maintain industry awareness for latest compute, storage, networking and virtualization technologies
- Deliver technology advisory and implementation services that extract and maximize business value from IT investments for SNET and our clients
- Review operational requirements with project teams, management and client services groups for deployment and ongoing support
- Operate functional prototypes, demo, testing and training environments as needed to support system administration activities
- Develop documentation for best practices as it relates to server infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud computing operational experience
Key qualifications for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 3+ years of relevant experience administering cloud or infrastructure services across a large, diverse, enterprise environment
- Technical proficiency including systems experience, strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and issue management in a multi-platform environment
- Working knowledge of major Public Cloud platforms such as VMware vCloud, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, IBM SoftLayer, etc.
- Working knowledge of major Private Cloud platforms such as VMware vRealize, OpenStack, Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle OVM, RedHat KVM, etc.
- Understanding of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, WINS, load balancing and firewalling concepts
- Intermediate knowledge of directory services, authentication technologies, Active Directory/LDAP, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of system and network security best practices including governance
- Intermediate knowledge of primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, S3, & VPC)
Successful Candidates Possess
A successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability and discipline to work and succeed in a fast pace and organizationally complex environment, to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology, and to lead and manage small projects
- Passion for emerging IT technology solutions, industry trends, and progressive operations methodology
- Knowledge of architecture best practices and experience applying them to solve business challenges
- Ability to work independently and within various team sizes and manage multiple task assignments
- Bachelor-level degree in engineering, information technology, data communications, telecommunications, computer science, or equivalent educational or professional experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
Requisition code: E18PHICBTAAL009-SNET
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top