Technical Accounting Senior / Manager – National Technical
Who are Deloitte?
Deloitte NZ brings together 1200 specialists nationwide. We work with clients ranging from New Zealand's largest companies to smaller businesses with ambition to grow. We are led by the purpose to make an impact that matters.
Our People and Culture make this a great place to work. Each of us is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in our own achievements and the success of others. The culture is about inclusion, collaboration, high performance, and opportunity.
All this translates into the best environment in which to drive your career forward.
The purpose of this role is to become a thought leader for the business and the first place that the firm's partners and people go to when they are not sure of an accounting treatment or audit requirement. You will know the sources for support material and be capable of researching and producing support material where there is none currently available.
The Senior / Manager appointee to this role will able to heavily influence their direction and specialisation, with a clear mandate to become a genuine expert in a number of fields. You will be working with other highly talented professional people with the same dedicated focus to make an impact that matters and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
You will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Managing multiple pieces of work concurrently with several Assurance & Advisory Partners.
- Regular communication with clients and audit teams
- Building trusted and credible client and peer relationships.
- Identifying and providing insightful recommendations about a broad range of business process / technical accounting issues in a timely manner.
- Ensuring client and internal deadlines are met, without compromising on audit quality.
- Being a role model and mentor for Analysts and Supervisors by providing training and development opportunities, and influencing the team positively.
- Keeping audit efficiency top of mind.
To be considered for this position, you will ideally possess the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum of four years' experience in external audit, working as an Assurance & Advisory Senior or Manager.
- You preferably will be CA qualified.
- Strong knowledge of New Zealand Auditing and Assurance Standards.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, NZ IFRS and PBE Standards.
- Like most technically capable people you will have a fine eye for detail and will enjoy the constantly changing landscape of the regulatory environment, auditing and assurance standards, and financial reporting standards.
- Equally important will be your skills in communicating the crucial aspects of these standards throughout the firm.
- Engaging across the organisation and taking responsibility for rolling out seminars and writing reports, submissions and articles.
- Learning and the dissemination of knowledge will be a passion as will be the determination to remain on the cutting edge of your profession.
What we offer
A career with us will provide you with:
- Professional development opportunities
- Time to create unique career experiences
- An environment where you can build and connect with a network of incredible talent, both locally and around the globe.
- The opportunity to succeed with the flexibility to balance your personal / family commitments
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We are fair in our behaviour and our policies promote equal opportunity for all.
If you have the drive and passion to succeed, apply now. For further questions, contact Michelle Tang on 09 306 4387.
Requisition code: NZE16A-NT124795
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top