Tax Transformation Office – Senior Consultant
What you'll do
The Tax Transformation Office (TTO) is seeking a professional to assist in the development of key deliverables and provide day-to-day project management on several high-impact, high-visibility initiatives, including the Deloitte Tax Insight (DTi) deployment. Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the development of executive-level briefings, communications, presentations, and content.
- Organize and coordinate critical and high-priority activities related to day-to-day activities required of the team.
- Play a role in executing projects and activities directly related to and supported by the TTO—attention to detail is critical.
- Develop and manage methods to streamline and enhance existing processes, reporting tools, and deliverable templates within the team—creativity and exceptional presentation skills are critical.
- Research and remain current on internal and external activities in the firm or that may impact the firm.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to accomplish multiple assignments and deliverables on an ongoing basis under very tight deadlines.
- Support the full lifecycle of ad-hoc special projects from inception to completion.
- Create and maintain tracking and reporting tools as necessary (e.g., templates, spreadsheets, databases, and reports)
The TTO team is responsible for visioning, designing, and deploying technology applications to the Tax practice. It is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds from tax technical to change management and Six Sigma, working toward enhancing Deloitte Tax LLP's ability to deliver comprehensive, value-added, and efficient technology services to our clients. The team consults and executes on a wide range of initiatives involving process and technology development, training development, testing, and deployment.
- 2-3 years of prior general business experience, focused on writing and delivering communications through various forms of media
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with highly-advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- A high level of intellectual curiosity, versatility, and flexibility with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creativity, strategic and analytical thinking, and flexibility—critical given that the scope and variety of work will frequently change depending on team priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Superior project management, time management, and relationship management skills
- Able to work on several projects simultaneously and autonomously in a detail-oriented manner
- A self-starter, proactive, and solution-oriented
- A strong executive presence and able to effectively collaborate with leaders across all functions and levels of the organization, and able to support executive decision-making.
- A detail-oriented and creative thinker who can contribute to innovative thought leadership
- Ability to work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive leadership information
- An aptitude for networking and collaborating with staff at all levels across the firm to coordinate and interpret information and develop content
- A high degree of self-confidence, poise, maturity, discretion, diplomacy, and empathy
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Communications, or Marketing
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18CHITSRCJD023-TTO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top