Tax Systems Implementations – Senior Consultant
Tax technology. A year-round, global need.
Do you have a passion to dig in and help pioneer new technology-enabled methods and processes for some of the largest corporate entities in the world? Our team works on the cutting edge building and delivering the next generation of tax applications and services to clients. We're looking for the very best individuals who thrive on what's possible.
What you'll do
As a Senior Consultant in our Tax Management Consulting (TMC) – Tax Systems group, you will work within an engagement team and be responsible for assisting clients with:
- Identifying and documenting business requirements
- Identifying and documenting functional design
- Developing testing scenarios
- Creating process flows
- Creating data flows
- Implementing tax systems
- Performing prototyping
- Performing testing
- Assisting in the quality assurance process
- Conducting (or assisting with) training
- Defining support procedures
- Developing documentation related to the implementation of a tax system
Deloitte's TMC group helps our clients' tax departments improve their operations by developing new technology-enabled, cutting-edge methods and processes. Deloitte TMC professionals are aligned across our global network of member firms to address our clients' objectives in a seamless fashion. Deloitte TMC teams include industry, tax, organizational change, technology, and co-sourcing specialists who help connect our clients' global strategies and the options that exist to turn theory into an executable plan. Learn more about Deloitte Tax Management Consulting.
The Tax Systems group sets the standard for tax software selection, implementation, and optimization in the areas of tax compliance, income tax accounting (provision), and tax planning. Our professionals provide an unbiased approach to software selection, and implement tax systems using leading practices. Our team of tax professionals has knowledge of various software products including Corptax, Hyperion Tax Provision, Longview Tax, ONESOURCE, and Vertex, providing services which include:
- Assisting in the development of tax system selection criteria
- Implementing tax systems and software
- Integrating cross-vendor provision, compliance, and planning systems
- Optimizing tax systems to utilize recent software enhancements
- Configuring/customizing tax systems to supplement out-of-the-box functionality
- Assessing and improving processes and data flow related to the items above
- 3+ years of corporate tax or tax technology experience
- Big 4, tax software firm, equivalent experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related area
- Experience in ASC 740 (FAS 109)
- Experience with tax provision and compliance software such as Corptax, Hyperion Tax Provision, Longview Tax, ONESOURCE Tax Provision, PowerTax, and/or Vertex
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong research, and written and verbal communication, skills
- Available to travel up to 70 - 80% of your time
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other professional certification
- Advanced Degree such as MST, MAC, or LLM
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ANYTSRCJD013-TMC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top