Tax Senior (National Federal Tax Services - Partnership Solutions Group)
Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior (National Federal Tax Services - Partnership Solutions Group) in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Develop new services offerings and technology solutions to assist in delivery tax services to clients. Support software development teams, including gathering and documenting system/business requirements as user stories and use cases, providing process and screen flows, developing and executing test cases and test product concepts, and developing and maintaining project plans. Conduct interviews with technology stakeholders to elicit detailed functional requirements and modeling requirements. Ensure that unique business needs are properly translated to provide technology solutions. Monitor, analyze, and report on technology solutions over the entire software development lifecycle, and manage the success and evolution of tools in the marketplace. Work with all stakeholders to create business cases, and identify and confirm necessary resources throughout the product lifecycle. Cross-coordinate and regularly communicate with other Product Owners to facilitate cross-team collaboration and prioritize and maintain a comprehensive product backlog for all products in the technology portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience performing software development using C#, ASP.NET, XML, and database technologies including SQL server, Windows services and Visual Studio and Team foundation server.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Analyzing, planning, and gathering requirements by contributing high-level input to requirements sessions in the form of user stories and use cases by coordinating with business sponsors;
- Performing all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including knowledge transition, requirements gathering, designing, application development, testing, implementation and post-implementation support;
- Conducting gap and impact analysis of the existing and planned applications, and assessing whether applications are properly aligned with business strategies;
- Designing and developing new business processes, and assessing and recommending improvements to existing processes also supporting existing applications;
- Ensuring product/system specifications meet project requirements, and designing mockups on the basis of user inputs;
- Liaising between business team and the software development team to ensure that requirements are implemented per business needs;
- Drafting test plans and test scripts for system and UAT testing for all of the projects and test the changes based on release scope;
- Ensuring performance requirements are met and that applications are effective for users; and
- Preparing deployment services and packages to be pushed to various environments during releases.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FT0717NYC1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top