Tax Senior - Multistate - Seasonal, Part-time, or Full-time Flex Schedules
We are looking for a Multistate Tax Senior who has a specialization in the Investment Management industry, who is looking for a seasonal, part-time or fulltime-flexible work schedule and wants to continue to work on complex state tax issues for some of the most well-known Global Investment Management firms and achieve personal and professional balance.
What you'll do
As an Investment Tax Senior within the Multistate Tax Services group, you will provide state tax compliance and consulting services to Investment Management industry clients such as hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity funds, and other alternative investment funds.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing a detailed technical review of partnership and corporate state tax returns and work papers for Investment Management clients.
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising staff on assigned engagements.
- Overseeing complex tax projects requiring research and tax analysis for a variety of investment fund structures.
- Assisting with audit defense for state tax notices.
- 3+ years' experience in state tax compliance for partnership and corporate multistate tax returns for Investment Management clients
- Solid understanding of state investment partnership rules, common structures for private equity funds, mutual funds, hedge funds and private wealth funds
- Solid understanding of sourcing rules for non-unitary partnerships, business and nonbusiness sourcing rules
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other business related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA or if not qualified, licensed Attorney, an Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Management experience
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States, with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
How you'll grow
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Requisition code: E17LOSTSRAFS208-MST
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top