Tax Senior Manager, Indirect Tax - National Recovery Practice
Do you enjoy building new client relationships to grow an already existing and successful Indirect Tax practice? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by having the right people on your team to combine tax consulting solutions and innovative technology that align the tax function with business objectives to the additional business you bring in?
We are looking for a sharp Senior Tax Manager to join our Indirect Tax team who is ready to assist in growing and maintaining one of the largest multistate tax practices in the United States.
What you'll do
As an Indirect Senior Tax Manager within the Multistate Tax Services group, you will identify effective tax solutions for new and existing clients in various industry sectors. You will work directly with the client, have access to an elite group of specialists, and be connected to a strong support system from firm Leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career. Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various state and local indirect tax consulting/compliance engagements.
- Identifying client needs and leveraging Deloitte's range of services and extensive resources to meet those needs and cross-sell among various lines of service.
- Acting as a trusted business advisor to clients on a variety of state and local indirect tax issues including sales & use and excise tax overpayment reviews, tax implications of sales and purchase transactions, audit defense services, nexus planning, and voluntary disclosures.
- Managing engagement profitability, billings to clients, and engagement team resources.
- Drafting and presenting new proposals to new and existing clients.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- 10+ years' experience in state and local indirect tax (sales & use and excise tax)
- Proven ability to grow and manage a book of business and a solid reputation as a subject matter expert within state and local indirect tax (sales & use and excise tax)
- Solid understanding and experience with state and local indirect tax compliance, tax planning, tax analysis, and tax research
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, CMI, licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Solid management experience
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Requisition code: E18DALTSRMSA006-IN
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top