Tax Senior (International Tax)
Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior (International Tax) in San Jose, CA.
Work You'll Do
Help multinational clients integrate tax planning into their overall business strategies and comply with both U.S. and international regulatory requirements. Concentrate efforts on international compliance, research, consulting and planning issues. Advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the tax implications of their international operations to develop an optimal worldwide tax strategy considering both U.S. tax laws and foreign tax laws. Review foreign informational U.S. tax returns prepared by tax consultants. Perform procedures to review/audit company's quarterly and annual tax provision calculations, deferred tax analysis and footnote disclosure under guidelines of Accounting for Income Tax. Assist in due diligence services in M&A transactions and advise multinational companies on tax efficient strategies to migrate Intangible Properties. Provide technical training, leadership, counseling, mentorship, and career guidance to Tax Consultants. Review contribution schedules prepared by tax consultants and prepare Schedule K-1 disclosure statements to investors. Coordinate and work with members from other functional groups to successfully complete projects. Review current and accumulate earnings and profits calculations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Law, Finance, Business Administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience performing tax planning, reporting and compliance for U.S. multinational corporations.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Advising U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the U.S. tax implications of their international operations;
- Advising and assisting individuals with cross border tax issues, including advising on U.S. and China tax compliance requirements for Chinese inbound companies;
- Assessing U.S. tax implications of cross border investments, including thin capitalization and application of associated debt/equity rules, and utilizing CCH, BNA, RIA Checkpoint to research related tax laws to support the analysis;
- Preparing and reviewing tax analysis related to Controlled Foreign Corporation (CFC) and Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC);
- Auditing quarterly and annual accounting for income taxes on foreign operations according to Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) 740-10, and assisting non-audit clients in preparing their income tax provision for financial statement reporting purpose;
- Preparing U.S. and foreign partnership tax returns, including Forms 1065 and 8865 and related disclosures and statements;
- Preparing and reviewing informational tax returns, including Forms 5471 and 8858 and related disclosures and statements, and performing earnings and profits (E&P) analysis, Subpart F income/hovering deficits calculations, and foreign tax credit calculations; and
- Coordinating and organizing project deliverables with various U.S. tax specialty groups and off-shore team members, and assisting with the finalization of tax consulting deliverables for U.S. inbound companies.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FT0717SJB1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top