Tax Senior - Indirect Tax Compliance Center of Excellence
Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining sales tax compliance solutions and innovative technology that align the sales tax function with business objectives?
We are looking for a sharp Senior Tax Consultant to join our fast-growing Indirect Tax Compliance Center of Excellence (CoE) team who is ready to take on new challenges and join one of the largest Multistate Tax practices in the United States.
What you'll do
As an Indirect Tax Senior Consultant within the Multistate Tax Services Indirect Tax Compliance CoE group, you will be a valuable member on tax engagements and provide state and local indirect tax compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will continue to grow your technical knowledge in state and local indirect taxation by working on large complex tax compliance projects, have access to exceptional resources, and continue to develop your supervisory/leadership skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with various state and local indirect tax compliance projects
- Performing a detailed technical review of state and local indirect tax returns on select engagements.
- Assisting with transition of new Clients, including defining data requirements, setup of tax preparation software and other compliance/technology tools
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants on assigned engagements.
- Identifying opportunities to improve operational efficiency and streamline work flow.
- Assisting with resolution of indirect tax notices from state and local jurisdictions
- Coordinating with in-house tax consulting teams within Deloitte and with the clients' tax department.
- Assisting with preparation of client billings and account reconciliations.
- Assisting with drafting new proposals for new and existing clients.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in state and local indirect tax (sales & use and excise tax)
- Experience with state and local indirect tax compliance
- Experience with reparation and review experience of state and local indirect/sales tax returns
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other related field
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, CMI, licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18CHITSRCKK017-MTS
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top