Tax Senior (Global Employer Services)
Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior (Global Employer Services) in Boston, MA.
Work You'll Do
Help clients develop tax-aligned compensation and benefits programs that address their global and domestic needs. Work with clients to streamline their programs while reviewing tax effectiveness, risks, and costs. Assist clients with developing the strategies, processes, and technologies that affect their staff and operations on a worldwide scale. Responsible for overseeing internal resources and working directly with clients to provide expatriate and foreign-national tax compliance and consulting services to multi-national clients. Review and advise clients on Form 5500 Annual Report Filing compliance. Prepare and review returns, conduct US tax law research, oversee tax consulting projects, and assist in the administration of company tax programs. Utilize knowledge in the Non-discrimination testing and the process to correct and failures for clients. Utilize experience with the Affordable Care Act to provide advice on corrections or refunds.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience reviewing and preparing Form 5500 compliance and Non-discrimination testing.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Performing a due diligence review of and/or preparing non-discrimination tests for planning, including 402(g) deferral limitation, 401(k) actual deferral percentage, 401(m) actual contribution percentage, 401(b) rate percentage (coverage), and 415 annual additions;
- Providing client and planning support for audits by the Internal Revenue Service;
- Providing tax technology, e-filing, and data support for entire service line with multiple clients;
- Providing ERISA and other benefit plan research including determination letter filings and global pension plan calculations;
- Mentoring junior staff and interns and collaborating with both on and offshore teams on the compliance process workflow;
- Monitoring project financials and overseeing billing processes;
- Utilizing compliance tools to prepare and review Form 5500 compliance and using Relius Administration and Relius Government Forms and Thomson Reuters's OneSource to generate and review 1095-C forms to comply with the Affordable Care Act;
- Utilizing tax research tools, including BNA, CCH to provide tax compliance and consulting services to global business travelers; and
- Utilizing tax software, including CCH Axcess and Global fx to compute taxes, conduct research and integrate with internal tracking tools.
- Position requires approximately 10% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FT0817BOB1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top