Tax Senior (Business Tax Services)
Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior (Business Tax Services) in San Francisco, CA.
Work You'll Do
Under the supervision of Tax Managers, oversee tax consulting projects for clients in diverse industries. Research and analyze a wide range of tax issues encountered on engagements. Assist with tax planning opportunity identification, implementing tax planning projects, providing tax research and analysis for clients in diverse industries, and keeping up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues. Develop a working knowledge of the client's business and tax systems, take responsibility for clearing open items relating to assigned areas, meeting client deadlines, and contribute to the successful completion of projects. Mentor and coach junior team members and escalate issues when necessary. Actively participate in engagement planning.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Business Administration or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience providing tax consulting and compliance services for C-corporations, S-corporations, partnerships, individuals, and non-grantor trusts.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Preparing and reviewing federal, state, and local income tax returns including computation of quarterly estimated tax payments;
- Utilizing various tax software packages including ONESOURCE, Superforms, Wolters Kluwer Axcess, GoSystem, and BNA Income Tax Planner to prepare federal, state and local income tax returns and to calculate estimated tax amounts and process filings;
- Using tax research tools, including LexisNexis, BNA, CCH, and RIA Checkpoint, to provide tax compliance and consulting;
- Assisting entities and individuals responding to federal and state tax controversy matters;
- Responding to Information Document Requests (IDRs) and drafting replies to tax authorities;
- Computing taxable income estimates for individuals, non-grantor trusts, and corporations to determine estimated payment amounts and to develop planning alternatives;
- Collaborating with clients to develop processes to achieve greater efficiency in their tax compliance functions;
- Utilizing tiered partnerships structures and allocations of carried profits interests and IRC §704(c) allocations; and
- Preparing and reviewing non-grantor fiduciary income tax returns, estate income tax returns, U.S. Federal gift tax and U.S. Federal estate tax returns, and fiduciary tax returns.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FT0817SFO2
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top