Tax Senior (Business Tax Services)
Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior (Business Tax Services) in San Francisco, CA.
Work You'll Do
Assist companies with national, state and local and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives. Assist clients with fundamental tax planning and analysis, work to understand company-specific business and tax issues and identify and mitigate risk areas. Under the supervision of Tax Managers, oversee tax consulting projects for clients in diverse industries. Research and analyze a wide range of tax issues encountered on engagements. Assume tax-planning responsibilities for our federal clients and assist with the supervision of assignments. Assist with tax planning opportunity identification, implementing tax planning projects, providing tax research and analysis for clients in diverse industries, and keeping up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues. Develop a working knowledge of the client's business and tax systems, take responsibility for clearing open items relating to assigned areas, meeting client deadlines, and contribute to the successful completion of projects. Mentor and coach junior team members and escalate issues when necessary. Actively participate in engagement planning and decision-making. Calculate depreciation for various assets and generate depreciation reports in Fixed Asset Software. Prepare tax returns and keep up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues. Prepare and self-review K-1 packages for a large number of investors (200+ limited partners) with high accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and tax returns.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Preparing C-Corporations' and Partnerships' federal and state income tax returns;
- Utilizing tax software, including GoSystem, Corptax and Sage Fixed Assets to prepare federal, state and local, and international income tax returns, and calculate estimated tax and process filings;
- Utilizing tax research tools, including BNA, CCH, and RIA Checkpoint, to provide tax compliance and consulting services to various clients;
- Performing analysis for FIN 48, effective tax rate reconciliation, and valuation allowance, as well as preparing tax deferred tax schedules and tax review memos, to properly account for income taxes during the preparation of tax provisions for corporations;
- Preparing quarterly estimated tax payments for Corporations and Partnerships, and preparing schedule for federal and state income tax returns and state franchise tax;
- Preparing quarterly and annual provisions in accordance with ASC 740;
- Assisting partnerships in Internal Revenue Service and state tax examination, and responding to Information Document Requests (IDRs) and drafting memos to analyze and respond to IDRs and various tax notices; and
- Monitoring legislative changes and developments on different industries, and performing tax research on various federal, state and international tax issues and preparing office memos.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FT0717SFO1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top