Tax Manager (Washington National Tax - Corporate)
Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Manager (Washington National Tax - Corporate) in Washington, DC.
Work You'll Do
Write summary regarding recent tax law changes (both legislative and administrative developments) and present it to tax manager/partners periodically. Coordinate with local office tax professionals and clients to evaluate complicated issues and help manage risk in today's increasingly complex tax rules. Work with specialists (e.g. partnership tax experts and international tax experts) to analyze and resolve global tax issues faced by multinational corporations. Advise clients on the many factors affecting taxation, from the tax policies that drive federal tax legislation, to understanding the technical nuances that may create compliance exposure. Research specific tax issues under the Code and Regulations related to transactions and then brief related authorities to supervising partners. Mentor and coordinate with tax seniors within or across various tax projects and reviewing work products (including tax opinion, memo and slide deck) created by tax seniors for executions and delivery. Draft tax opinions or memorandums on complex tax matters related to clients intended or sought for tax treatment or positions.
- Master's degree in Law, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Taxation, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of experience providing tax planning services related to Subchapter C of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Advising corporations and privately-held companies on planning, structuring, and executing tax-efficient domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, and spin-offs, carryover and limitation of tax attributes, consolidated returns, and bankruptcy and workouts;
- Researching and drafting tax opinions and technical memoranda addressing issues under subchapter C of the Internal Revenue Code and the consolidated return regulations;
- Obtaining private letter rulings (PLRs) for clients from the Internal Revenue Service;
- Working on issues related to the taxation of real estate investment trust (REITs)/Regulated Investment Company (RICs), private equity acquisition structures, proper characterization of transaction costs, financial products, and corporate tax planning in bankruptcy;
- Designing and developing new business processes, and assessing and recommending improvements to existing processes;
- Utilizing LexisNexis, Westlaw, Checkpoint, BNA portfolio, and Practice Law Institutes to perform research on various technical and procedural tax matters; and
- Preparing legal memoranda on complex tax matters.
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Bachelor's degree and four years of experience as stated above.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FT0817WAS1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top