Tax Manager (Transfer Pricing)
Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Manager (Transfer Pricing) in Chicago, IL.
Work You'll Do
Help client management understand, plan for, and deal with the complex and dynamic issues surrounding transfer pricing. Work with Ph.D. economists, attorneys, and tax specialists to analyze and resolve international tax and finance issues faced by multinational corporations. Plan and provide guidance for multiple tax engagements, as well as offer expertise to provide multinational clients with professional economic analytical services. Oversee research of complex tax issues and ensure their resolution by subordinate professional accountants, including Tax Seniors. Oversee the preparation and review of complex transfer pricing reports. Formulate tax planning strategies utilizing corporate taxation, global transfer pricing guidance and IRS practice and procedures. Determine the potential impact of such developments on client business. Devise and execute database searches for companies in the U.S. and foreign markets. Responsible for incorporating financial information into a standard financial model and conducting economic, financial and accounting analyses. Supervise assignments by Consultants and Senior Consultants in the group and hold responsibility for the development and motivation of engagement staff by providing them with leadership, counseling and career guidance.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of experience preparing U.S. and foreign transfer pricing reports documenting intercompany transactions for various multinational companies.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Supervising technical aspects of the regulatory framework of transfer pricing documentation and consulting work within the following industries: medical devices and general manufacturing;
- Analyzing U.S. intangibles and cost-sharing regulations and their OECD counterparts;
- Supervising in-office and remotely located personnel (within or outside of the United States) using online and telephonic communication tools and performing activities including assigning tasks, performing quality control, supervising projects, and conducting comparable control transaction analyses;
- Drafting transfer pricing reports for valuation of intangibles, multi-lateral Advance Pricing Agreements, Business Model Optimization, and global tax compliance in accordance with IRC 482 and OECD guidelines;
- Utilizing tax research tools including BNA and LexisNexis, transfer pricing databases, including Compustat, Bureau van Dijk, Recap, RoyaltyStat, Osiris, S&P Capital IQ, Amadeus, and Thomson Reuter's ONESOURCE and statistical software, including MS Excel and STATA programs designed to conduct transfer pricing analysis;
- Utilizing the Bloomberg Terminal to perform interest rate swaps, foreign currency swaps, intercompany loan pricing, and calculation of de-levered discount rates to conduct intercompany transfer pricing analysis;
- Performing benchmarking and estimating the synthetic credit ratings of firms and the price financial assets (e.g., options, futures, swaps, etc.);
- Utilizing various economic modeling methods, including discounted cash flow, realistic alternatives method, income method, residual profits method, services costs method, and other relevant methods as described in the U.S. transfer pricing regulations under IRC 482 and their OECD counterparts, to perform transfer pricing analysis of intangible/tangible pricing;
- Performing strategic transfer pricing planning, service cost allocation, audit defense, litigation support, and advance pricing agreement negotiations; and
- Supervising overall client engagements, including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence, and billing.
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Bachelor's degree and five years of experience as stated above.
- Position requires approximately 20% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FT0717CHI3
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top