Tax Manager (Private Wealth)
Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Manager (Private Wealth) in San Francisco, CA.
Work You'll Do
Provide detailed and objective tax and wealth planning advice and service to private companies and their owners, and affluent individuals and families. Advise on the range of challenges that affect the success of the business, and influence the professional and personal goals of business owners, individuals and families with significant assets. Plan and execute effective business and tax planning, including income, gift, and estate tax planning, and responding appropriately to new legislation and evolving market conditions. Provide integrated tax planning services and advise on entity income tax planning and compliance services, individual tax and wealth planning matters, and family offices services. Advise on family office structure and management, and advise on partnership structures frequently used by families to manage alternative investments. Oversee the tax compliance process of an engagement including any research associated with tax compliance. Provide training and development to Tax Seniors.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Business Administration, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of experience with private wealth tax planning.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Providing tax planning and consultations for high net worth individuals and trusts, including wealth transfer and charitable planning;
- Preparing and reviewing Forms 706, United States Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Tax Return and Forms 709, United States Gift (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Tax Return;
- Preparing and reviewing Forms 1065, U.S. Return of Partnership Income, and complex Forms 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return;
- Preparing and reviewing Forms 990, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax and Form 990-PF, Return of Private Foundation, and providing tax consulting on tax issues and transactions including self-dealing, taxable disbursements, and expenditure responsibility requirements;
- Utilizing tax software, including GoSystems, Global FX, BNA tax planner, CCH Axcess, and SuperForms to prepare federal and state income tax returns, calculate estimate tax, and process filings;
- Utilizing tax research tools, including LexisNexis, BNA, and CCH, to provide tax compliance and consulting services to various clients;
- Preparing and reviewing quarterly estimated tax payment requirements;
- Assisting clients in Internal Revenue Service and state tax examinations, and responding to Information Document Requests (IDRs) and drafting memos to analyze and respond to IDRs and various tax notices;
- Reviewing trust documents and partnership operating agreements for tax and capital calculations; and
- Supervising projects and project management and administration including scheduling, staffing, client correspondence and billing.
- In the alternative, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree and four years of experience as stated above.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FT0817SFO1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top