Tax Manager (National Federal Tax Services - Partnership Solutions Group)
Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Manager (National Federal Tax Services - Partnership Solutions Group) in Seattle, WA.
Work You'll Do
Responsible for design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new data driven web based applications, and providing support for existing systems. Lead a team of developers to deliver end-to-end web solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast-paced environment. Supervise and mentor on and offshore Senior and Staff team members. Develop and maintain the software framework and services using the .NET framework and Microsoft technologies. Interact with business analyst/client(s) to understand business problems being addressed. Conceptualize and build solutions to meet business needs. Review project requirements and estimate the necessary time-to-completion. Create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing. Carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development. Document new developments and/or innovative techniques, procedures or test plans as needed. Interact with other development teams in an effort to ensure a consistent, uniform approach to software development. Adhere to software development best practices to maximize the predictability and success of projects. Prepare technical design documents using enterprise standard documentation tools. Deploy all integration artifacts to testing and production environments.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of experience performing application and enterprise software design, development and maintenance using Microsoft Technologies.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Applying design pattern principles, and designing, developing, implementing and supporting functionality of large-scale, multi-tiered data driven windows and web applications using ASP.NET and C#;
- Providing technical advice on database and application software architecture and addressing cross-functional requirements;
- Providing technical analysis and improvements of existing database design, optimizing performance of MS SQL Server databases, and creating stored procedures, views, join queries, triggers and functions in MS SQL Server;
- Analyzing trends in key metrics, performance tuning and maintaining uptime and stability of web applications that use MS SQL Server, and leveraging SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for ETL and reporting functionality;
- Utilizing MS Visual Studio to create multi-tiered web and windows applications using the .NET Framework, and architecting Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using WCF to encapsulate, reuse and distribute business functionality;
- Applying Agile methodology techniques, including Scrum to estimate project and feature-specific timelines and effort, and lead and mentor teams to produce quality deliverables subject to scope constraints;
- Implementing data-access layers using entity framework, ADO.NET, LINQ, and SQL based on the business requirements of applications;
- Collaborating cross functional teams, including clients, management, and the tax subject matter experts; and
- Designing flow charts and activity diagrams using MS Visio.
- In the alternative, employer will accept a Bachelor's degree and five years of experience as noted above.
- Position requires approximately 20% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FT0717SEA1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top