Tax Manager, Investment Management - Private Equity Tax
Partnership allocation. Subchapter K. Tax compliance. Consulting for major players. Leading and mentoring teams. Does this get your heart racing? If you're a leader who wants to play in the big pond and have a solid understanding of Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, and the tax compliance process for investment partnerships, we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Tax Manager on our growing team in Stamford or Parsippany!
Work you'll do
As a Tax Manager, you will utilize your prior experience to provide tax compliance and consulting services to private equity clients. You will assist clients with effective analysis, solution development, and implementation of clients' tax objectives. You will manage the client relationship by delivering tax consulting services to the client, engaging specialists as necessary. Responsibilities will include:
- Performing high-level reviews of tax research, partnership work papers, allocations, and tax returns; and preparing and leading client meetings on compliance and consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities, and the tax implications of various transactions to the funds.
- Training, mentoring, and supervising new and experienced tax consultants and tax seniors, and participating in the hiring process for your group.
- Taking the lead client contact role on some engagements and working on the billing and profitability analysis of those engagements, while beginning to be involved in new marketplace pursuits.
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their customers. Our cross-functional industry group is comprised of more than 2,800 partners, managers, and staff providing a spectrum of assurance and advisory, tax, enterprise risk, regulatory, and consulting services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including investment managers, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, mutual funds, investment partnerships, hedge funds, private equity, alternative products, and other money managers.
- 4+ years of public accounting experience (at least 3 years in private equity) or equivalent in a law firm or related industry
- CPA, JD or LLM
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- Advanced understanding of Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, and the tax compliance process for private equity funds
- General understanding of the taxation of portfolio investments, the international and multi-state tax issues facing private equity funds, key economic terms, and the taxation of fund investors
- Experience managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence, and billing
- The ability to travel up to 20%
- The ability to work in the Stamford or Hartford office
- Previous Big 4 experience
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, or LLM
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E19STATMGRSA001-PE
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top