Tax Manager (Business Tax Services)
Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Manager (Business Tax Services) in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Responsible for providing tax research and analyses for clients in diverse industries. Manage day-to-day client service relationships and provide tax services to help improve compliance and maintain client's overall tax risk profile. Work closely with clients and provide managerial support to members of the Deloitte Tax team in order to understand each organization's global goals and strategies and analyze how industry and economic trends affect the business. Manage the delivery of tax planning services including preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns. Responsible for keeping up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues, analyzing the client's business and tax systems, taking responsibility for clearing open items relating to assigned areas, and meeting client deadlines. Oversee the preparation of tax work papers and tax returns including extensions, estimates, and tax provisions. Coordinate data gathering with various functions, gather data electronically and at the appropriate level of detail, and review data for completeness. Integrate data collection, reviewing client financials, calculating preliminary taxable income and various tax return items, and reviewing and signing off on tentative taxable income.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Business Administration, Economics, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and tax returns.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Assisting clients with tax reporting and issues related to U.S. federal, international, state, and local matters including foreign filings, composite filings, IRS and state tax audits and notices;
- Researching various tax issues as they arise by utilizing tax reference materials including RIA checkpoint and CCH;
- Processing and completing year-end tax reporting including Form 1065, Schedule K-1s and supplemental schedules for single and tiered investment partnership structures;
- Performing review and audit of SEC quarterly and yearly filings for public corporations and review and audit of audited financial statements for non-public entities;
- Preparing and reviewing tax provision calculations, including current and deferred income tax expense and corresponding balance sheet amounts, preparing and reviewing tax provision journal entries, and reconciling gross temporary differences and current payable to balance sheet tax accounts;
- Utilizing tax preparation software, including GoSystem, to prepare and review C-Corporations' (U.S. and Foreign entity) and Partnerships' federal, state, and international income tax returns;
- Preparing and reviewing technical memos addressing complex transactions, corporate reorganizations, and tax planning opportunities;
- Analyzing financial products for wash sales, constructive sales, straddles, Section 1256 contracts, Section 988 contracts, dividend income and expense analysis, market discount, OID, and bond premium;
- Analyzing trading strategies and trading reports for tax character, and reviewing extensive securities analysis to make appropriate tax adjustments; and
- Leading onshore and offshore teams for large compliance engagements.
- In the alternative, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree and four years of experience as stated above.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FT0817NYC1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top