Tax - International and Corporate Tax Manager (Melbourne)
Our people are our brand at Deloitte. Would you like to fast track your career by shaping and driving our brand with our clients and team?
As a Tax Manager at Deloitte, you will be managing a team of passionate professionals to build trusted relationships with our clients by delivering to them the best quality tax advice and service. You will be given every opportunity make an impact and advance your career to the next level.
About our team
Our Melbourne Corporate & International Tax team is focused on providing expert tax advice and services to some of the world’s largest and most highly regarded businesses in a number of industries including Consumer Business & Transportation, Technology, Media &Telecommunications Financial Services, Life Sciences, Health Care, Energy and Resources and Agribusiness.
The growth of our Melbourne group has created an exciting opportunity for high performing and ambitious Tax Manager with a hunger for career progression and a focus on value add tax advisory work. If you are looking to really take ownership and drive change, this is a great platform for you and be part of a high performing culture.
About the role
This challenging tax role will provide exposure to the day-to-day tax affairs of some of Australia’s largest and most complicated groups, assisting large global businesses with their Australian tax obligations and the opportunity to advise on special projects.
The role will include:
- Building and managing trusted client relationships through exceptional client service
- Delivering complex tax advice in relation to such matters as corporate restructures, acquisitions and divestments as well as tax losses, tax consolidation, CGT, debt/equity etc.
- Coaching and motivating a team
- Overall project management and delivery of multiple client engagements – including identification of issues and opportunities, research and preparation of advice on complex tax matters
- Overseeing the delivery of technology based tax compliance solutions to clients
- Financial management of engagements, including assisting with proposals, budgeting, billing and controlling of work in progress
- Quality control on assignments and projects
About your experience
Degree qualified in Commerce and/or Law is preferred. You will have completed the CA or a Masters of Tax, you will currently have a minimum of five years’ experience with another “Big 4” or “second tier” chartered accounting or legal firm in the corporate tax area. You will be experienced in building strong client relationships and advising multinational companies, mid-cap listed and large private groups. You have a track record of consistently driving results and taking the initiative.
To apply, please follow the apply process, if have questions regarding this role Talent Acquisition Team are available to have a confidential discussion. Regarding this role, you can contact Diana Peter via Contact Us for a confidential conversation.
Requisition code: AUEXP127898
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top